Pain.

“Zayn…I haven’t been telling you something…” I said quickly.

“What?”  I could hear the hurt lining his words.

“Let me explain.” I pleaded.

“Ok go ahead.”

“Well on my birthday I found this yearbook at my grandmothers house. I found this secret room which was in my dreams. I have a hunch that who evers book this was is my fathers killer. And the dreams I have been having, I think, are events that have happened or maybe will happen.” I tried to explain as well as I could.

“Let me see.” He whispered as I led him to the kitchen where the book was.

“Derek Flemming is who I think did it. He was friends with Robert and my dad. The thing is he was my doctor and I think he wants me gone too and he knows all my information from his job. Also the bell rang because someone left a letter. I haven’t read it but we can read it together.” I spoke trying to stay calm.

“Does anyone else know?”

“No.”

“Open it.” I slowly opened the letter and Zayn read over my shoulder as I read.

Dear Ryan,

I love you so much and  I want you to know I chose this way to go myself. Robert did as I asked. He was a good man other than when you where a child.  I knew who killed your father I was to scared to tell you but now im gone and have nothing to fear. His name was Derek Flemming. Bruce, Derek, and Robert use to be the best of friends. Derek had always liked me and I liked him back. Something happened and we split. I started having this thing with Robert. Yet Bruce beat him to asking me to our Senior prom. After that we started dating and were going well until Bruce received mail for school. He had to move states away for a chance to be in the police. So he left me broken hearted. Robert came along and picked up the pieces of my heart. We ended up getting married and having you and your brother. Derek was always there being as a friend but  I could tell how jealous he was. After we had broken up long ago he was different. He was distant and depressed. The night your father died he came in pointing a gun to Roberts head. He told us to listen or he would kill him. Bruce couldn’t just stand there. He was shot several times and I was beat. Someone had to have called the cops. I was close to death but only lived because of Robert helped me some. The police watched as Robert made his escape assuming it was him. It wasn’t he should have been blamed. Derek wants us all gone he will come for you soon please be careful and go to the police with this note now. I love you be safe stay with Zayn he is a great boy and will take care of you.

-Your loving mother, Julie

I didn’t relize I was crying until the page had tear streaks on it.

“We have to bring this to the police.” Zayn said.

“Zayn I agree how about in the morning we need sleep. We will probably be there a while.” I said wanting sleep to take over.

“Ok Lets go to sleep.” He said picking me up bridal style and carrying me to bed. I feel asleep rather quick.

I opened my eyes from a good night’s sleep to be meet with darkness. The room was pitch black. There was something tied across my face. I went to get it off but my hands were tied. Someone slowly lifted in off my face.  I was tied to a chair in the secret room in my grandmother’s house.

“Hello Ryan.” A voice spoke that I knew to well.

“Derek.”  I sneered.

“I found you at the right time it seems…you must know.” He said grinning evily.