Police Station

'Good evening Annalise, it's officer Jones speaking' a female voice speaks over the phone.

'Good evening officer Jones, how can I help you?' I ask, muting the tv show that I was previously watching.

'I called to ask if you are able to come into the station tomorrow morning, we would like to ask you some questions about the incident a couple of nights ago at your home' the woman explains.

'Sure, I can come in' I nod even though she cannot see me, 'At what time?'

'Ten o clock' she says. After agreeing and bidding her a good evening I hang up, just as Ray walks through the door, 'Hello' I greet him, standing up from my space.

'Hello, sorry I'm a bit late, there's traffic out on the road' he says, kicking off his shoes as he locks the door, 'Did you gave a good day? I hope you weren't too bored'

'No no, my day was fine' I shake my head 'it was nice to relax for a day after everything that's happened, I just watched a lot of tv and made myself a sandwich for lunch.

'I agree, you needed a day just to yourself' he nods 'I will go and change my clothes and come back to cook, I'm sure you must be hungry' Ray walks away and I hear his bedroom door click shut, I turn back to face the tv and turn it off.

I help Ray in the kitchen, I chop up ingredients for a salad and throw them together into a bowl before pouring on salad cream and setting it down on the coffee table in the living room. Ray cooks the steaks and plates them up with some oven baked chips, it's a light dinner. After we eat, I wash the dishes whilst Ray dries them and puts them back into the cupboards that they were in before.

'Good night Ray'

'Good night Anna'

---

I play with my fingers nervously whilst sitting beside Ray on the uncomfortable chairs at the police station, apparently officer Jones had also called Ray in for an interview whilst he was on his way home last night, so we are both here today. An office door opens and a tall woman with chocolate brown hair that's tied up in a bun with matching chocolate brown eyes steps outside, her monochrome police uniform suits her.

'Annalise' she calls out, making eye contact with me as I look up at her. I nod and stand up, still a little nervous, after all I have never been in a police station before.

She holds open the office door for me and I walk in, hearing her tell Ray that they will call him in after they have finished asking me questions. Inside a middle aged man with brown hair that's shaved close to his head and a similar uniform to what officer Jones is wearing, sits in front of the oak desk which has different pieces of paper scattered across it, a computer screen mounted on top and a pen and highlighter laying on the papers.

Officer Jones closes the door and follows me in, I sit down on the chair opposite the male, who smiles kindly at me, officer Jones walks round to sit behind the desk. 'So, this is my colleague Officer Leroy and he will be sitting in on this interview, is that ok?'

'Yes' I nod.

'Let's begin' she shifts in her desk chair to get more comfortable and picks up her pen, grabbing a new piece of paper, 'What were you doing before the incident?' I begin to tell her about how my parents and I were sat in the living room with Ray, when they were about to tell me the story behind my adoption, before we smelt the gas. I explained how we found the hallway foggy and a pipe through it releasing the gas.

'What did you hear that made you go upstairs?' she asks, her hand moving quickly as she scribbles down notes, the man seated opposite me is intently staring, a small recording device with a red light shining from it is on the table between us.

'It sounded as if someone had dropped something upstairs, but I knew that we were the only people in the house, so I went upstairs hoping that I might get a glimpse of whoever it was, it might have been him who put the pipe through the window' I talk slowly, my nerves calming down as I relaxed a bit into the chair that I had been sitting on for fifteen minutes now.

'Did you see anyone or anything?' she asks, looking up at me from the paper in front of her. I shake my head no and she jots down a couple of words.

'This is my final question' the woman smiles, 'Do you think that your parents were killed by the same person who killed the other Rupert, Ellie and Clara, all of which you knew?' I nod instantly.

'Yes, I believe the same person killed them'

'Well thank you for your time, your answers will be helpful' she stands.

I watch as the man sat opposite me leans forward to stop the recorder and stands up, I stand up too. 'Before you leave, I would just like to tell you that your house has been cleaned and if you wish to return then you may, you will be receiving financial aid and none of your belongings have been moved' the woman explains.

I slowly nod, 'Did they find any evidence as to what happened and who could have done this?'

'We have taken in a few pieces of evidence, but at this moment in time we are still yet to find a clue that helps us identify any suspects, I'm sorry' the woman sighs, offering me a small smile. I nod back with a sigh of my own, before shaking hands with both of them and leaving. Ray is then called in for his own questioning, he brushes past me, stopping to ask if I'm ok, to which I just nod.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE&COMMENT. How do you guys want unknown number's personality to be like?