Deleted image

I lean forward as I watch one of the pictures opens, its a picture of the care home before the incident, it looks much more attractive. The next image appears almost as if he's showing more a presentation of all of the images. Were these images all on dad's laptop? Did he delete them? Why? The next image I have already seen, it's the same picture that unknown number gave me on my birthday of all of the kids in the care home as well as the staff. The third picture was also the same as the one he had given me on my birthday of just the two of us, is this where he had got the pictures from? He hacked dad's computer? 

There was a total of ten images altogether, one was of me alone, I was facing the camera and smiling happily, my hair falling down my shoulders, it was a profile picture. The next is of unknown number alone, another profile picture. This picture passed by quicker than the others had, I guess he didn't want me to get a good look at him, but why? If he's helping me find out more information about him then why won't he let me see him? I did manage to make out his chocolate brown hair and gorgeous green eyes, he wasn't smiling and instead appeared to be glaring down the camera lens. Then a picture of a slightly younger version of my parents appeared, in-between them stood unknown number and I, this must be the day that they had adopted us, there was some space between us and my parents, unknown number and I were holding hands. 

A few more images were of my parents and Ray pictured together, Ray was also pictured with unknown number and I, there was also a picture of unknown number and I sat in the back seat of a car, very close together. The images in which he appeared, flashed by quicker than any other pictures, meaning I couldn't pick out anymore of his features. I suddenly groan as a sharp pain goes through my head, I think a headache is coming on.

The office door opens and Peter steps in 'I couldn't find anything in the living room, the only letters there are, are either about your dad's work or bills, there's nothing on WestTown care home' 

'I've found something' I tell him, he walks over and stands beside me as I sit on the chair. He leans down, staring at the pictures on the screen before they stop appearing. 'Unknown number hacked my dad's laptop to find these deleted images, he also told me that I could find his adoption papers behind the bookcase, but they've been ripped up and so I can't see his name' 

'How frustrating' Peter shakes his head, 'I mean we've now definitely confirmed that your parents adopted both of you but we still don't know how or why he disappeared'

'We haven't really learned anything new' I agree 'I believe that we may move forward if we find out why both of us were adopted but only I continued to live with them'

Peter nods, before examining the ripped sheets of paper 'These were ripped several times, maybe out of anger? Do you think it's possible that unknown number and your dad may have gotten into an argument and your dad ripped them up and unknown number ran away?' 

'Ran away from home after an argument?' I shrug, bringing a hand up to my head as the pain comes back 'maybe, but it must have been a very big fight' 

Peter nods 'I agree, based on how obsessed he seems to be with you, I don't think that he would just up and leave you without you unless he felt that he had to'

'To be honest Peter, I think that it's going to be a long time before we find out the answer to why he left? Or if dad kicked him out or something... my parents aren't here to ask and I don't think anyone else knows, only he knows' I explain, Peter nods in agreement as I sigh 'let's just go' 

---

I put down my pen, stretching my fingers and massaging my aching hand. My headache keeps coming and going, it feels more like a sharp pain rather than a constant pain, I've never had this before. Ray insisted that I return to school, saying that my education is important. I am currently sat in the library, catching up with work, I had texted Ray after school had finished to tell him that I will be staying late and he was fine with that.