Warrants for Arrest

- Three Days Later -

Leroy's POV

I look around at the higher-ups that are sat around the large meeting table, the entire investigation team and those in charge have been in this meeting room for the past hour, it has been two days since we found out about the death of the suspected killer's mother. A call to emergency services was made from the house phone by a young male, who we assume is the guy we're looking for, but when we and the paramedics arrived at the scene she was home alone.

 'Tell us about the scene from his mother's house' the chief looks at me, I nod quickly before picking up my page of notes. 

'We received a call from the house phone by a voice that sounded like a young male, he appeared very calm and stated simply that a woman in the house was dead, when asked who he was or how he found her, he didn't answer, he only told us the address and hung up' I explain, the others around the table stare at me, 'When we arrived there was no body else at home and she was pronounced dead at the scene' 

'No one saw anyone enter or leave the house?' the chief asked, I shake my head.

'We asked the neighbours but they hadn't seen anyone, we also have an officer on patrol around the house and he too said that he saw no one enter and no one exit, ever since he was assigned to patrol the perimeters of the house, he insisted that the only regular occupant he saw was the woman and occasionally a couple of her friends would come but he says he never saw a young man' 

'Are you definitely sure that it's her son? Or that she even has a son? Maybe she had a son who died years ago which she still hasn't gotten over, some people become a bit crazy and think their child is still alive' the chief shrugs a shoulder, I shake my head again. 

'No, she definitely has a son and when we searched his room there was evidence that we believe points to him being to killer and he knows about the investigation' I lean back in my chair as the chief sighs. 

'This isn't good' he picks up the half empty glass of water in front of him and gulps the remainder of it down, everyone else nods in agreement. 'This is a very intelligent serial killer, he knows what he is doing and he is predicting our moves, the most likely answer is that he knows there's an officer stationed outside the house and is sneaking in and out to avoid him' 

Officer Jones clears her throat 'Chief, I would like to point out that even if we find and arrest this boy, we still don't have enough evidence to bring a case against him, in all of the previous murder scenes there has been no evidence found at the crime scene, no finger prints, no shoe prints, no strands of hair or DNA, nothing. Even what Leroy found in the boy's bedroom isn't sufficient proof that he is the murderer, it may have been planted there, we need evidence that he was at the scene of the crimes and that he has a motive to kill everyone who has died, so far in the investigation the only people who have a motive to kill are Annalise and Ray, as they're the ones with obvious links to the dead people'

Another officer speaks 'Actually, despite being the key parties to potentially solving this case, it's difficult to find a motive that Annalise or Ray may have to murdering those people, Ray hasn't had much contact, if any, with those who have died and even after their death we can see that he hasn't benefitted from their deaths, Annalise knows them all but again she doesn't appear to have benefitted from any of their deaths and she seems to have liked all of the people that died, so there's no clear motive' 

The chief nods, 'Well it looks like we're going to have to take a bigger step forward if we want to solve this, not only for the deceased and their families but also the media and public have been on our backs about not having solved this case already, are the warrants of arrest ready?' 

A female officer beside him nods, and hands over a couple of pieces of paper, he glances over them before looking around the table at everyone 'I want Ray and Annalise arrested, we need a lot more information from them, they're clearly hiding something and we need to find out what it is, squeeze the evidence out of them and don't release them until you have it, maybe if we're lucky once they're arrested the killer will come to us' 

---

'Officer Jones' I call her name as I knock on her office door, I hear her telling me to come in, I push the door open and enter, closing it behind me. She is sat at her desk furiously typing away at her computer, a few clicks on the mouse and she turns to face me as I sit on one of the chairs opposite her desk. 'When are we going to arrest them?' 

'Tomorrow, in other situations I would arrest them today but I want to turn the heat up a little' she explains, I stare at her waiting for her to elaborate. 'I have sent a statement to the media which includes pictures of the two, this way everyone will know that they're going to be arrested and if we go tomorrow they won't have time to make a leave, the public will recognise them' 

I nod slowly 'Is this also a way of telling the media and the public that we are moving forward in the case? Even though in reality we're not' she nods.

 'It will be on this afternoon's news and tonight's news' she tells me, I nod.

Ray's POV

I curse out loud as another car pulls out in front of me without warning, despite being the only one in my car with the windows rolled up meaning that no one can hear me. A sudden sound from my mobile notifies me that I have a text message and as I stop at a red light, I pick it up.

 Unknown number: 0. Now it's your turn

I almost choke on my own saliva, it's from him. The countdown is over, he's going to come for me now, my breathing becomes heavier as I start to sweat. I throw the phone down onto the passenger seat, turning in my own seat to look at the chairs behind me, is he in the car with me? The back seats and floor aren't hiding anyone and I turn back to face the front, the light is still red so I glance at the car beside me, a middle aged woman is sat holding the steering wheel tightly, her mouth is moving and with the way she glances in her mirror, I assume she is talking to someone sat in the back of her car, the windows at the back are darkened so I can't see inside but I assume she probably has kids in the back. Should I tell her that there's a serial killer after me? No, that's stupid, there's nothing she can do for me and I will be putting her in danger too. 

As the light turns amber and then green, I pull off and continue the drive home. Are the police any closer to finding him? I don't think so, he's not stupid but he is very dangerous, he's not easy to catch, I don't even think Annalise will be able to find him no matter how hard she's trying. Which reminds me that I have to some how get her to eat the food and forget her memories, but what's the point? If BEAST kills me then she's going to get her memories back in the end anyway, maybe I can just convince her to stop pursuing him, to run away. It's unrealistic, she's never going to find him unless he reveals himself to her. 

Maybe I should tell the police that he's coming for me now? They will help me right? 

I lock the car after parking and glance around at the empty street before making my way towards the apartment entrance, now I feel uneasy, when is he going to kill me? In my sleep? Tonight? Tomorrow? The day after? How? Poison me? Stab me? Will I get the chance to see him? Talk to him? Will he tell me why he's doing this? Maybe I should keep a knife on me from now on in order to protect myself from him? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Who's my favourite character?

A:  BEAST, because I actually really like his personality and how I picture him to be, which you guys will see in upcoming chapters.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter despite how short it is but I will be uploading the next chapter soon to try and make up for this short chapter. COMMENT&VOTE.