New Information

I sit alone on the bench during lunch, Clara didn't come to school today, she's probably sick. I jump slightly as my phone rings, it's Peter. 'Hello?' I ask.

'Hello Anna, are you able to come meet me today?' he asks, sounding a little worried.

'Is everything ok? You don't sound too good' I say, I can hear him moving around slightly before he replies.

'Yes, yes, I'm fine' he assures me, 'There's something that you should know, it's to do with you finding out what you want to know'

'You've found more information?' I ask, excitement building up in my stomach.

'Yes'

'I'll be there at around four, is that ok?' I ask, we say our goodbyes and hang up.

---

I pant as my legs move fast on the pedals, rain pouring down on me as I mentally groan. My black converse are soaking wet and my dark blue jeans are sticking to my legs, making cycling feel rather uncomfortable. The woollen turtle neck jumper I have on beneath my coat is doing a good of of keeping me warm, the rain makes the ground slippery and it pounds against my face, soaking my hair and making me squint. This better be important Peter.

'Anna!' I hear my name being called as I near the park where Peter told me to meet him, he waves frantically as I stop in front of him and another person, 'You made it, I'm sorry about the rain'

I climb off my bike, 'It's not your fault'

'Come on, let's go inside, my house is opposite' Peter says, I follow him and the other man who is dressed in a long black coat, I push my bike across the road to the house which I am assumng is Peter's, he brings it into his hallway.

We all take our coats off, hanging them on his radiator, 'Coffee?' Peter asks, I nod along with the other man as we enter his living room and sit down, an awkward silence filling the room. After a few minutes Peter returns with the a tray, three coffee mugs and a small plate of biscuits on top, he carefully sets it down on the coffee table and hands us tissues.

'Thank you' the man and I say at the same time, I pick up the mug, blowing on it before taking a small sip.

'Let's get straight into it then, Anna this is Harvey, Harvey this is Anna' Peter says, I smile at the man who nods. His brown hair is shaved close to his head and his eyes are a chocolate brown, he looks to be in his early forties. 'How about you tell Anna what you told me, Harvey'

'Yes, well I ran into Peter here after I saw the two of you coming out of what used to be WestTown Carehome, we talked for a bit and he said that you just wanted to look around-'

'Just get to the point' Peter cuts in, rolling his eyes.

COMMENT&VOTE