Ellie

'I'm home' I call out, making my way into the living room, my parents lay on the sofa, dad's arm wrapped around mum's waist, I movie still on in the background, I sigh before covering them with a blanket and switching off the TV.

My phone beeps and a text from Clara comes through; 'Ellie and I are going shopping tomorrow, you coming?'

'Sure' I reply, heading upstairs for a bath and to sleep.

---

'Bye mum, bye dad' I yell, closing the front door behind me, I'm on my way to meet Clara and Ellie for our shopping trip, I'm looking forward to it, I can clear my head and take a break from everything that has been going on. The bus journey takes fifteen minutes but I'm finally standing at the meeting place, I smile as I see Clara and Ellie walking towards me, we hug before eagerly going inside.

Being shopaholics, the two go crazy in the stores, I buy a few things here and there but not a lot. It's been two hours already and my stomach rumbles, 'I'm hungry, can we go and eat?' I ask, the two nod in agreement.

We queue up at McDonalds, I love McDonalds! After ordering we sit ourselves down at a table, our bags pooling aorund us, my phone beeps, Unknown number; 'Your phone has an alarm correct? Set it to ten minutes from now... because in ten minutes, somoene will die'

I gulp, is the person here? I hesitate before setting an alarm on my phone, I look around at the different people, any of these people could be the person, there are a few families, one or two groups of friends, three women sitting together, an old lady on her own etc.

I turn back to my friends, who is going to die? Will it actually happen? 'I've drank too much fizzy drink, I'm going to head to the toilet' Ellie complains, Clara and I laugh as we finish off our chips.

'Where should we go after this?' I ask

Clara scoffs playfully, 'Victoria secret obviously, I need some new underwear'

I laugh as we make small talk and continue eating, 'Where's Ellie?' I ask, looking around, 'She's not back yet'

'Oh yes, maybe she's still in the toilet' Clara shrugs, I nod, 'Let's go check'

I stand up and we throw all of the food away, I bend down to pick up my bags when something vibrates in my pocket, pulling out my phone, I see the alarm, it's been ten minutes. Raising an eyebrow, I look around the restaurant, everything seems calm, some new customers walk in and a couple of old ones leave, but everyone's still here, everyone apart from Ellie... no way!

I hurry through the hallway, no, Ellie can't be dead, maybe the person was lying. I stand warily behind Clara, looking down the empty hallway as she pushes the toilet door open, 'It sure does stink in here!'

I follow in behind her, everything looks fine, three hand dryers line the wall, as we turn the corner to see the large mirror and sink basins beneath it, 'She's not in here' I say, frowning.

Clara and I stand in front of the mirror, I stare at my reflection, all of a sudden Clara screams, I look round at her, 'What's wrong?' I ask, placing a hand on her shoulder, her eyes are wide in shock and her hands are covering her mouth.

'L-look!' she screams, taking one hand away to point at the mirror, I follow her finger, the mirror reflect the cubicles behind us, the doors are open showing that the're empty, except for one, on cubicle door is locked, my eyes widen as a deep red substance pools from underneath that cubicle... blood.

Clara and I turn around and walk towards it, the door is unlocked and I bring two fingers up to push it open, Clara screams again as Ellie comes into view, her skirt and underwear by her ankles, her body slumped against the wall and her eyes wide open, between them a whole which is oozing out blood, she's been shot.

The blood trickles down her clothes and drips onto the floor, the metallic scent invades my nostrils, she's dead and it's all my fault. Unknown number killed her, 'Let's phone the police' I say, pulling out my phone as tears pool in my eyes, Clara nods as she weeps.

Clara and I stand outside the now closed restaurant with a police officer, they asked us questions that we answered honestly, of course I didn't tell them about the texts. My mum came to pick us up after I phoned her to tell her what happened, 'Are you both ok?' she asks, frantically running out of the car towards Clara and I, we nod slowly.

'Come on, let's get you home' my mum says, helping Clara and I into the back seat.