Chapter Six

Ba dad dum da doo. Here's another chapter my lovely readers.

Chapter Six: Sometimes...

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

~Eight days later~

"Percy!" Lycaon yells for me. 

I run into the living room grinning like crazy. "Yeah?" 

I'm plowed into by Sylvia and we roll over next to the fireplace. I pin her and help her up. "No fair Percy. You're bigger than me." Sylvia pouts. 

"You attacked me. Pick on someone your own size. Geez Syl." I stick my tongue out at her and she returns the gesture. 

"But I have to to help you learn." Sylvia complains. 

"Learn what?" I ask exasperated. 

"That's true. You're technically done with the learning. You took down Charvank easily. It was funny to watch." She jumps up and down excitedly and joyously while she claps. 

I chuckle. "Charvank is too slow." I whine. 

"I heard that." I hear Charvank and he puts me in a headlock. Sylvia is giggling. 

I yelp and laugh as he just gets his butt planted solidly on the ground when I flip him over my shoulder, after I wrench his arms off of course. Sylvia high fives me and we laugh and giggle at him. 

"My, my. You've grown stronger." Lycaon chuckles as he pulls me into a hug.

"Yup. But the mark is still growing. They were blending together last night." I tell him. Lycaon pulls back to look at me and looks at the mark that stopped creeping up my neck. It touches my jaw, but that's as far as it goes up. 

I'm wearing a shirt with sleeves that end at my elbows. The mark branching past both of them, just barely. The white mark runs clear up to my chest now and mixes with the black as it curls down my leg. They run together. Both arms and legs are decorated by it. Lycaon told  me that some markings along my skin have meanings. But the way it swirls over my heart and constantly changes perplexes Lycaon. 

I look at the black and white growing up my arms. Lycaon is smiling at my interest in the marks. He leads our little group through the magnificent city. The waterfall falling into the lake and spilling over the chasm, surrounded by a natural prairie on the cold stone ground. We all walk barefoot, it stopped bothering me after the first day. I got used to it. Now I just go barefoot all the time. I listen to the peaceful gush of the water. It may be water and I can still control it, but it isn't sea water. I still try my best not to touch it all that much. Lycaon says Poseidon cannot feel the water in here, so I could stay in it forever and he still wouldn't know I was there. It gives me a better outlook on fresh water. And he didn't appear in the stream when Lycaon found me, so that helps. 

We walk into a building they like to call the Family House. I get to meet the only other Claimed One today. Charvank said he was excited to see me.