Chapter Seventeen

Here we are my lovely readers! Read on to your heart's content!

Chapter Seventeen: Getting Past The Grudge Of The Millennia

Point of View: Third Person

Adrien finds Lycaon and Alice near the lake inside the Sanctuary. Lycaon watches over Alice as she runs about with the other three newbloods. Adrien sits next to his father in the grass.

"It has been bugging you for a long time to have driven you to leave without a word to many of us. Anything happen?" Lycaon breaks the silence as father and son watch Alice.

Adrien says and throws a rock into the lake. "Yes, however, I went for more than just thinking about it over and over. I felt his darkness creeping up on me, faintly in the Sanctuary. And when I stepped outside..." Adrien blows out air and rubs his forehead. "Well, the darkness was fairly unsettling."

"I see." Lycaon nods. "Explain."

Adrien nods slowly. "You won't like it. Not one single bit. It is best that we call the council...both of them. It would be in best interest for all our sakes. I hate the other council more than you do. Trust me. Calling for them is far down my list of things I want to do."

Lycaon studies his son and then puts a hand on his shoulder. "Want to tell me why?" 

Adrien shakes his head. "Not really, no. I will tell you once you hear my idea."

"Very well. I will bring them to the entrance. You take over Alice duty while I go get them. We'll meet you at the Wolf Entrance." Lycaon stands and stretches.

Adrien walks up to the wolf children and crouches before Alice, who runs into her father's open arms. They hug and then she pulls back to look  at him. "Ready to go, Alice?"

"Does she have to go?" Little Adam whines. 

Adrien looks indecisive. "Tell you what, you make sure Alic is safe and doesn't get hurt, she can stay. But remember, she needs to go home to my wife, Creselia. You're in charge, okay?"

Adam beams and takes Alice's hand in his while Cinder smiles and waves her little hands. Jack takes Alice's other hand and they run off to play. Adrien sighs. "Being a father is different, but so worth it. I love my little girl. It's time she was allowed to hang around the others on her own anyway."

Adrien streaks to the Wolf Entrance and leans against the side of the mountain, just beside the opening on its face. 

"Alright, so what is it?" Sylvia looks skeptical.

"Oh, don't even. I think it is the worst possible idea in history, but you'll see why when we get there. Don't worry, the others will just cower in fear as we make our way to their vain throne room. I can get us up there. Not like they'll stop me." Adrien rolls his eyes and Sylvia drops it. 

"Fine. I am interested to hear about this bad happening. Where did you even go?" Charvank shrugs.

"All in due time, Charvank. Let's just go before I change my mind." Adrien pushes off the wall and turns into a wolf, taking off.

~A Day Later~

Adrien leads them all into the Empire State Building. He walks up to the clerk. "I need the key to the 600th floor." Adrien tells him.

"There is-" The clerk starts as he reads his magazine.

"600th floor, yeah, I know. I have heard that line before. If you are going to deny me passage to speak with the Olympian council when I have a meeting with them, I'll be glad to rip out your throat for them." Adrien cuts across him. The key is practically thrown at him and they all board the elevator. 

The other werewolves are laughing like the wolves they are as Adrien starts the elevator up to Olympus. They quickly make their way to the throne room of the gods to find them all flashing in one by one at the panic on Olympus. 

Artemis smiles and waves when she sees who it is, surprising many.

"Why are you not worried, Artemis?!" Zeus bellows.

"I am their patron, Zeus." She laces her father's name with venom. "They are welcome on Olympus now. Unless you think you have the right to tell me what my domains are?" 

Zeus turns a light gold in embarassment. "I thought you were over it."

"I'll never get over it. It isn't possible." Artemis informs him, then turns to the werewolves. "What did you need? Why risk yourselves like that? I haven't yet announced my honoring of your kind. What brings you to Olympus so urgently that you didn't call on me first."

"It was my doing." Adrien says and Artemis raises an eyebrow, his cue to continue. "Something had been bothering me for a long time now and only when I started to feel it within the pack did I begin to really fret." Adrien looks intent on his words, his explanation. "I went in search for the source and found it in a darker place. The same evil entity that was with me in the dungeons of Olympus."

"Who are you? How did you get out of our dungeons?" Athena inquires suspiciously.

Adrien groans. "Fine." He snaps, more to himself than at Athena. "You used to know me as Perseus Jackson. Now shut up and listen. If you interrupt me, I'll bite your head off." He tells her. "You may or may not know him, whether by name or title. But to our kind, he is known as the Darkened One, Nightfall. Instead of just focusing on us, he is aiming for both us and Olympus."

Hehehe...evil. I am making you wait until the next chapter. See you soon, my lovely readers!