Chapter Twenty One

How goes reading this story? Hope you're enjoying the update roll, my lovely readers! Okay, so, here we go again.

Chapter Twenty One: A False Surrender

Point of View: Third Person

Adrien enters the dungeons and heads to his old cell, the place where the evil is centered. The defiling of a soul so pure and loyal, ripped apart by those he was loyal, has made the betrayal so thick in this place it's tangible. This is where he will call on Nightfall. 

"Nightfall?" Adrien closes his eyes and holds in a heavy sigh. "Lord Nightfall?" He raises his voice as he calls on the Darkened One.

He feels an arm go around his shoulders and shudders involutarily as the evil washes over him in the simple touch. "Yes? Have you changed your mind? I like the title, wolf."

Adrien opens his eyes and looks over at nightfall, shivering as the evil keeps radiating down his spine with Nightfall's contact. "Yes, my lord."

Nightfall grins and cackles. "Why so?"

"I am fed up with the attitude of the demigods and wish to seek out a better life for my kin and I. We would be treated better in the world you create. Your image would be much more convenient. All I ask is that no harm comes to any of them." Adrien whispers.

"Only if they do not fight will I spare them." Nightfall chuckles as his breath ghosts across Adrien's neck. "But as you wish. First though, I would like to know how high your tolerance of pain is. Is it still the same after all this time?" He grins evilly.

"It is." Adrien nods.

"We shall have our fun elsewhere. Come, come." Nightfall sinks into the shadows, melding with the dark. He drags Adrien with him, making Adrien freak out on the inside as evil surrounds and wraps around him, nearly suffocating him. 

Adrien blinks his eyes open and his sight adjusts in a snap to the darkness. He follows Nightfall around, getting a tour of his fortress. Letting him fil the main silence of the place. Adrien comments when he needs to, but is otherwise mapping out the layout of the place, watching the shadow minions guarding different doors, and trying to plan several things. 

As he passes a door, his whole entire body shudders violently and his eyes widen as he looks over at the door he stopped in front of, knowing Nightfall didn't mention what was inside. He knows already what is in that door. But he voices his question, seeing the look on Nightfall's face. "What's in here? You didn't say..." He reaches for the doorknob, making it genuinely curious, trying to go for convincing.

Nightfall catches his wrist. "That is another place where I make shadow minions out of the most evil darkness I can find. A place to store that power, just like the one in the west side of the fortress."

"And we are in the east side..? Right?" He makes his expression turn to one of befuddlement.

Nightfall nods slowly. "Yes."

"Okay. The dark is confusing to me for some odd reason. Normally I don't have this problem. It's a little disorienting to be honest. It is messing with my sense of direction." Adrien tells him, walking until he is at Nightfall's side again.

The deity's eyes narrow. "You seem distracted." He points out in suspicion.

Adrien chuckles. "You forget I am still a newborn of sorts to my kind. I am still fighting off the urge of curiosity. I will restrain myself from sniffing everything that interests me if possible. Some things I can't ignore. But if it is another shadow making thingy, I don't need to worry, it smells mostly the same as the other one anyway."

Nightfall raises an eyebrow and then continues on. He shows Adrien to his room and then smirks in the doorway. "Tomorrow we can begin our fun. Sleep first and make the disorientation go away before then. I want you to remember it all." Then he leaves, the door closing eerily behind him.

The door is not locked, Adrien knows that. So he is trusted to walk around and not leave the fortress unless told to, but he is going to be tortured. 'Interesting.' Adrien thinks to himself.

I am keeping this chapter short, my lovely readers! Keep going!