Chapter Twenty Two

ONWARDS, my LOVELY ReAdErS!!!!!!

Chapter Twenty Two: The War And The Mission

Point of View: Third Person

Adrien drops to the floor on his hands and knees, breathing heavily as blood runs down every inch of him. His Ichor turning the black floor gold again. Nightfall has released him for the day. Adrien coughs out more blood as he recovers faster since he is used to it by now and his abilities are kicking in easier. 

Nightfall stands in front of him. "That was fun, as it always is. A shame you won't scream though." The Darkened One sighs. "Today is the day I raid. I will come get you when I need you. They have all amassed in the place you would know as Manhattan, at the entrance to Olympus itself. Normally I wouldn't let them draw me in, but I wish to be rid of them as soon as possible. Feel free to watch from my throne."

"Yes, my lord." Adrien coughs.

Nightfall smiles and walks out, leaving Adrien alone.

Adrien glares after him and pushes himself up off the floor. He watches as Nightfall walks straight into a wall andgoes towards the battlefield. 'I only have a few minutes left before the guards return to their posts all fresh and new.' Adrien ignores the ache and the pain as he hurtles through the fortress. He makes it to the door that Nightfall lied to him about. He looks around and sees that the guards aren't in the hall and enters the room.

Adrien closes the door tightly and quietly. He turns and stares shocked at the pithos glowing black, shadows rolling off of it and around the room.

~At Manhattan~

The forces of Olympus have just begun to clash against Nightfall's soldiers and Nightfall is so focused on the scene in front of him, he doesn't even notice that someone has entered the room where his heart lies. No casualties as the gods take the field first and hold the shadow minions at bay. But it is only a mater of time. 

After two hours, still no one has died but everyone is tired, least of all Nightfall, who's minions just keep coming and reforming. Nearly overwhelming them all. The gods, minor and major, are all being drained by Nightfall as well.

~At Nightfall's Fortress~

Adrien finally makes it to Nightfall's heart after going through several challenges slowly as the shadows slow him down, escaping his own mind as well. Adrien growls as he picks up the ithos, making Nigthfall gasp in surprise and snarls gutturally. "That little, deceiving, loyal fool." 

Adrien starts to glow with his aura, white and pure, brighter than any light and begins to supress the dark and the evil and the taint from Nightfall's heart. He concenrates on destroying the organ and Nightfall is then occupied by the twins of Leto. They occupy him, others joining in, like Lycaon, who has the advantage of some knowledge he had to keep back from the gods and demigods as tradition annd laws demanded.

It takes a very long time, but finally, Adrien manages to overpower Nightfall's pure evil. He is blown back into the wall, blasting through it as the fortress begins to collapse and fade into nothing once more, and for the last time. His light flickers out as he runs for the safe haven within the fortress. The place only he can enter since he is not a minion nor Nightfall himself. 

Nightfall's arms and legs become transparent and he cries, "No!"

"Adrien did it. Move away, Lady Artemis, Lord Apollo." Lycaon says, backing away himself. Lycaon chants in his own language, the werewolf council taking up the chant as Nightfall begins to fade instead of just dying and turning to the darkest shadow like normal.

Adrien makes it to the safe place and covers his eyes just as the fortress comes collapsing down. He opens his eyes to find he is in the middle of a desert. But is soon flashed to the battlefield by Artemis, who hugs him. Adrien, though, is watching Nightfall fade away. He smiles when the Darkened One disappears from sight. Then he finally hugs Artemis back. 

"What happened to you?" Apollo asks and sets his hand on Adrien's shoulder, healing him. 

"Oh, you know. Just pain everyday since I last saw you. It wasn't so bad." Adrien chuckles as Artemis squezes him tighter. "I can't breathe milady." Artemis lets go immediately and laughs with him.

Lycaon comes over next and then, Adrien hears one of the only voices he wants to hear at the moment.

"Dad!" Someone calls before slamming into him.

"Oof!" He hits the pavement, crashing down under the unexpected force. He looks down to see a young girl looking right back up at him, smiling big time. His eyes widen. "Alice?!" He hugs her closer. "Oh my gods, you look like you're fifteen!" 

Alice nods into her father's chest as she hugs him tighter. "Yup. This is the age I am stopping at, dad."

Adrien gets over it quicker than thought possible. "As long as you are sure, then all right."

One more chapter, my lovely readers! See you there!