e i g h t

"Sorry for making you wake up earlier than your usual waking up time" Seishu apologized, as he watched you yawn for the nth time. Your tired (e/c) eyes were half-lidded and were about to close shut. Nevertheless, you still tried to keep yourself awake.

Shaking your head slowly you reassured the worried blonde, "It's fine, I did say I'd go with you somewhere this weekend. I'll try to get some sleep on the train"

Currently, it was 8:00 in the morning and both of you were waiting at the train station for your ride to Inui's hometown—which was an hour's worth of commute. Though Inui didn't say what you two were going to do once you arrived there, you had assumed that he wanted you to meet his family or something (since he was inviting you to his hometown).

Perturbed with the thought that you were going to meet his parents, you couldn't fall asleep the night before. Hence, you ended up exhausting yourself by working with some unfinished requirements in hopes that would knock you out. Unfortunately, the method didn't work, finding yourself still feeling restless at 6 in the morning.

Minutes later, the train arrived. You and Inui boarded the transport, picking the seats at the far corner of the train. Once settled, you closed your eyes and leaned on the public vehicle's wall, immediately drifting to unconsciousness.

Hearing your light snores, Inui took notice of your sleeping state. Gently inserting his pale hand in between the glass wall and the side of your head, he slowly elevated your head, moving it to his shoulder. He then proceeds to remove the stray strands of (h/c) hair away from your face.

"Rest well, sunshine" he whispered, caressing your cheek.

The hour-long train ride consisted of Inui scrolling away on his phone, trying to kill some time while you slept soundly beside him. Admittedly, this scenario was quite strange for the blonde-haired young man. Maybe because, he was used to the usual scene of him listening and you talking. But he didn't dislike basking in comfortable silence. Maybe because you were with him, it was good enough for him.

Hearing the announcer reminding the passengers on the train of where the next stop was, Inui gently shook you awake.

"(Y/n), we're almost there" he cooed.

Your eyelids slowly fluttered open. Rubbing your tired (e/c) eyes, you gasped realizing that you slept on your companion's shoulder, "Did I fell asleep on your shoulder? Sorry, your arm must've gone numb by now."

"It's alright, I don't mind at all" he waved his hands in protest, flashing a sheepish smile "and this may sound rude, but you've got a bit of drool there"

Blood rushed to your cheeks as you quickly turned away and wiped the trail of saliva away, "Ah, that was embarrassing"

"I didn't drool on your clothes, did I?" you asked in a panicky tone, still not able to face him.