n i n e t e e n

Mitsuya Takashi's head was blank, and it has been like that for some time now.

Albeit the peace of mind, the stringent odor of antiseptic made the waves of his train of thoughts crash and roar loudly. It had only been a while since he decided to spend every hour—every minute of his free time-- in this place. 

He found everything inside the hospital so clean and white-- it was nauseating.

Maybe because he was just used to seeing colorful messes, and an array of aromas that came with bursting emotions. That was the life that he got used to living-- an older brother and a fashion designer. And most importantly, your best friend.

Yet despite this, he probably stayed here longer than he had been in his house for the past two weeks. 

He decided to stay. 

Just for you.

"Takashi~"

He turned his head towards your way, casting his lilac irises on a frail body draped with two thick layers of clothing. A thin smile formed on your lips sitting between slightly sunken cheeks as you raised both of your hands each holding a wig of the same color but differing styles.

"Which one do you think suits me the best? This one?" you paused before slightly raising the other one with a subtle excited expression, "Or this one?"

Mitsuya chuckled lightly before walking towards you, pocketing his phone that he had been fiddling with for some time now. He then sits on the bed you were in, taking the wig that he knew you were obviously biased towards.

He gingerly ties your hair back in a bun before putting the wig on you. "This one. But to be honest I think you look great whatever your hairstyle is."

You smiled sheepishly before touching your head, "Even if I go bald?"

Mitsuya's lips curve upwards. He cups your cheek, gently rubbing his thumb against your skin, "Of course. (Y/n), have I ever lied to you?" you shook your head, he then removes his hand from your face.

"I also want to thank you for the other day for helping with my paperwork for dropping out of uni and for arranging everything that was needed to move my things out from the dorm. Mom is already busy as she is, and we only have a handful of relatives to ask for help."

The lilac-haired fashion student shook his head, "It's fine (Y/n). Don't worry about those things just focus on getting better."

"Alright. But you really don't need to come here every day. You're a graduating student. You need to focus on your studies," you chided, folding your arms on your chest.

"I-" your lilac-haired friend was about to protest but was interrupted by his alarm going off, signaling that he needs to return to the university within half an hour.