t w e n t y - f o u r

"Here," a low, husky voice spoke followed by a cold sensation felt on Inui's skin. The blonde jerked back in surprise before casting his eyes on Mitsuya's placid expression.

"Thanks," he replied, taking the cold can of beer off from Mitsuya's grasp. Mitsuya sat beside him, opening his can of beer, a fizzing sound emerged in their silence. The lilac-haired fashion student hastily sips his drink and exhales in satisfaction.

"So? What's your business meeting up with me so late in the evening?" Mitsuya asked.

It was currently 9 pm, after Inui's meeting with his professor earlier, he wanted someone to talk with (who knew of his situation). Everything that had happened earlier had strained him mentally and emotionally and he just wanted to sit down and talk to somehow arrange his thoughts.

Ironically, he was once the type to keep his problems to himself and bottle them up. He was a listener rather than a talker. However, after meeting you, you somehow helped him change his mindset and began to slowly realize that talking about his worries with someone was therapeutic too.

But since he had been the quiet type for so long, his communication skills were still a bit meh most of the time. However, he was still practicing. 

Now, under the list of candidates that he wanted to talk about his current worries were as follows:

Kokonoi Hajime

(L/n) (M/n)

and Mitsuya Takashi

He assessed his choices: he didn't want to call Koko since his school was a bit far and it was already late. Of course, he didn't want to talk to your mom because he didn't want to bother her with his college worries. Hence, he was left with one person.

Despite his bland relationship with Mitsuya, he called him up to meet, and here they were, in the school bleachers at 9 pm. Luckily, Mitsuya had already finished his piece for his finals, so he was free. But anything (y/n)-related would've urged him to come anyway.

Also, he wanted to do something for both Mitsuya and you.

"I'm so close to flunking school," Inui straightforwardly said, earning a side glance from Mitsuya.

The fashion student was not surprised, to say the least. Because even he, himself, had trouble balancing his studies since you got hospitalized. He guessed that Inui stayed longer hours in the hospital and sometimes stayed late too. Not to mention the emotional strain the blonde would get from seeing his beloved girlfriend struggle with her worsening health.

"Did you call me here just to rant about your grades? If so, I'm leaving. We're not close enough for me to give you my time for this," Mitsuya uttered as he prepared to leave.