t w e n t y

The hall was filled with loud whispers from the nurses stationed nearby

The hall was filled with loud whispers from the nurses stationed nearby. Their curious eyes had an obvious pitiful glint in them. All eyes stared at the same figure who was sitting in front of a private ward.

"Poor kid, he's been coming here and sitting outside of that room for three days now."

"From what I've heard the patient in that room threw a fit when he got here."

"(L/n) can be emotionally unstable at times but she's not the type to throw tantrums like that."

"We shouldn't put her in much emotional distress considering her current situation. I think it's time that we make him leave."

"Ah, I feel bad for him though-"

"Hey," a masculine voice called out sternly.

The young man tapped the table's surface loud enough, successfully getting the nurses' attention. The nurses turned their heads towards the source of the sound, only to find a pair of glaring eyes. They all flinched slightly at the ravenette's cold demeanor.

"Aren't you all supposed to be on duty? Why are you gossiping amongst yourselves?" he began, not even trying to sound nor phrase his words nicely.

"A-ah, We're sorry sir. It's just we're discussing whether we should make that young man leave or not. He had upset the patient inside of the room a few times already," one of the nurses said, gesturing at the blonde male.

The black-haired young adult glanced at the person that they were referring to before returning his gaze to the nurses.

"I'll handle the situation myself. The patient in that room is my cousin. I'll be the judge if that person truly makes her upset," he says before walking off while the nurses resumed their work with another topic to talk about in mind.

"Inupi..." the ravenette called out to the blonde. A pair of tired, blue eyes met with his charcoal ones. It was evident that Inui hadn't been sleeping much. And that upset Kokonoi.

"Koko," Inui began, visibly surprised by his ex-boyfriend's appearance. "What are you doing here?"

The young man scoffed and shook his head, lazily pocketing his hands in his jeans, "Hm, that's an interesting question.  But seeing how you're outside her room, I think I have the visitation rights that you don't."

The words 'cousin privileges' seemed to float above his head when he said this.

"Didn't I tell you to forget about her?"

The mechanical engineering student stayed silent for a while before responding, "Easier said than done."

"What do you plan to do then? You can't stay and sulk here forever," Kokonoi uttered before walking past him, placing his hand on the door. "Come on, let's go inside before those nurses call for security."