n i n e

"Where do you wanna go next?" you asked as you gently swayed intertwined hands back and forth.

After you visited the cemetery, you and Inui bid one last goodbye to his sister before deciding to take a walk around the area, pondering about what to do next now that the main objective of the visit was done.

Inui hums before answering, "Do you want to meet my parents?"

You felt your heart drop as you look at him with your wide, anxious (e/c) eyes, "W-wait, we're going that fast? It hasn't been an hour since I answered you" you stammered. As much as you wanted to meet them, you were still feeling a bit overwhelmed about the events that happened in the past hour. You were afraid that your poor heart wouldn't take any more events that required a lot of emotional strength.

He chuckled before lifting your hand near his lips, planting a soft, quick kiss on your knuckles. 

His baby blue irises fixed on yours, "In another time then."

You couldn't help but smile giddily at his gesture. Now you were wondering what you did in your past life to have someone as sweet as Seishu be your lover.

"Should we get something to eat instead?"

Grinning, you nodded "That'll be better for now"

Both of you decided to eat at the nearest diner before doing some sightseeing around Inui's hometown. Even though there wasn't really anything to 'see' other than residential buildings, electric posts, and occasional cats that cautiously walked on top of stone walls—spending your hours with Inui like this was the best. Strolling around, chatting, and overall, enjoying the scenery around you--- idle moments with the person you love.

A drop of water landed on top of your head, you slightly jumped at the sudden cold sensation as the liquid trickled down your forehead.

By then you tilted your head upwards and took notice that the once clear skies were suddenly dominated by grey cumulonimbus clouds, as the surroundings gradually darken. One raindrop, followed by another-- it started to rain. Water from the heavens, washing the earth's surface.

However, by the time that it started to pour, you and Inui had already taken shelter from the rain.

"The weather report did say that it was going to rain today. Do you have an umbrella with you?" your companion asked as he started to rummage through his bag for his umbrella.

You could only stare at the rainy weather and an idea hit you, your impulsivity getting the best of you. A mischievous smile grew on your face as you stepped out of the shelter, running into the downpour.

"(Y/n)!" he exclaimed, surprised by your sudden action "You're going to catch a cold!"

A merry laugh left your lips as you spun around, splashing on puddles on the ground as if you were reliving something that you had used to do during your childhood "I'll be fine! It's been a while since letting myself to be showered by the rain like this" you excitedly utter.