t w e n t y - o n e

 It had been a while since Inui's ban from your hospital room was lifted. He was now able to go and visit you anytime without the worry of objects flying toward him or angry yelling.

Another (somewhat) good thing that he had gained from visiting you was how his and Kokonoi's relationship gradually became better. The ravenette is a regular in your hospital room since he had promised your mom, his aunt, to check on you from time to time. Hence, it was inevitable that Inui would see more of him.

It felt good that he was able to talk and reconnect with him again after all these years—with no awkward distance nor invisible tension between them. However, your behavior towards their development was surprising to both Inui and Kokonoi though.

The two exes initially thought that you'd react negatively, knowing how jealous you could be. However, Inui brushed this peculiar behavior (well peculiar, at least to him) aside. He didn't want to think deeply about it since there was already an existing thought that boggled his mind for days.

Once again, for the hundredth time, Kokonoi's voice echoed in the back of his head,

"Please help me convince (Y/n) to hope"

There was some part of him that didn't want to understand, but there was also a part of him that wanted to know what the ravenette meant.

"Hey Sunshine," Inui called you out of the blue.

You shifted your body towards him, lying on your side. Your (e/c) irises cast on the blonde's slightly troubled expression.

He was currently laying down beside your hospital bed, which is why you couldn't help but notice the minor changes in his facial features—the way his brows furrowed and how deep his sigh was as if there was something bothering him.

"Hm? Is there something wrong?"

Inui shook his head before turning to his side fully facing you, "No, nothing. I'm just curious."

"Okay. Ask away."

"You seem to be okay with Koko and me."

You chuckled, "Why wouldn't I?"

When a thought hit you, your expression changed in a split second, "Wait, he isn't trying to pursue you, is he?" you squinted your eyes at him suspiciously.

The blonde shook his head profusely, "No!"

Your expression relaxed. Your lips curved into a smile and perched your hand on top of Inui's cheek, tracing the lines of his burn scar with your thumb. Feeling how cold your hand was, he settled his palm on top of yours, enveloping your hand in warmth.

"Well, under the condition that he doesn't make you feel uncomfortable and that he doesn't try to pull any moves on you, I'm okay with it. You're mine as long as I am breathing."