Chapter 39 ~ "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

I picked up all the snacks for our movie tonight and was heading back to Lorenzo's car

Surprisingly he let me drive his Lamborghini which I think was stupid but he said it was an early birthday present.

My birthday is tomorrow and I'm not too excited. It's going to be my first birthday without my dad.

I put the bags in the boot and entered the car and drove off. It was a little later in the day so it was very busy.

It took me a little longer to get home but when I did, Kate, Mario and Lorenzo had already picked the movie.

I put the snacks into bowls and carried them out into the movie room. I put them down on the table and took the seat next to Kate.

The lights turned off and the movie started.

It was a comedy movie so now and then we all laughed.

Well, Kate, Mario and I laughed while Lorenzo kept a straight face the whole time.

Two hours later the movie ended and so did the snacks. It was 8 pm and I decided to go read instead of going to eat dinner.

I haven't been reading recently so this was nice to get out of reality for a while.

It was pitch black outside so I checked my phone and it was midnight.

A message popped up a minute later from Jessica.

Bestie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Me: Thank you

Bestie: What are you doing today?

Me: Nothing.

Bestie: That's boring! Go to a bar or something.

Me: Nah, I need to sleep. I'll talk to you later.

Bestie: Okay, bye!

I put my phone on the bedside table and fell asleep.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I heard someone shout.

I put my pillow over my ear and groaned.

"Wake up," Kate whined.

"No." I refused.

She tugged on the pillow until it was in her grasp and then she pulled it and started hitting me with it.

"Stop," I mumbled.

"Sorry what? I didn't hear that." She said continuing hitting me.

I got up and walked to my bathroom. I took a half an hour shower. When I got out, I made sure Kate wasn't still in my room before I went out.

I changed into blue washed up jeans and a purple shirt that I tucked in. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and left my bedroom for some breakfast.