A New Venture

You had been training Pokemon for the past 4 years now, enjoying the sights of your town and your ability to be a decent trainer. Although, you never did bother to go out into the world to take on the gym leaders of Kanto. That wasn't because you had no skill, it's just...you liked staying in Cerulean City. Right by the coast, peaceful and with a gym right nearby, honestly, things couldn't get any better.

But that still got to you. See, you had been training some Pokemon for some time now. And with others in the city telling you to go the gym and start your journey, well, it was kinda getting to you. But that was also where your old friend and the current gym leader got to you, Misty. You two had known each other for years and now, she was the gym leader of the city and you were just someone who trained Pokemon for fun.

Well, no more. You grabbed your backpack, a team of three Pokemon, and got yourself ready for your journey. And when you walked out of the door, Misty was standing right outside with a smile on her face. You stopped yourself when you saw her.

Misty: Morning.

(Y/N): Uh, hey Misty. What's up?

Misty: Heard you were finally going out into the world. About time.

(Y/N): Well, you know. Constantly being berated is one way to get me to act out of spite.

Misty: What does that mean?

(Y/N): It means you can be annoying sometimes.

Misty: Oh, are really going to berate me now?

(Y/N): Yes. Yes, I am. So, what do you need?

Misty: You're starting on your journey. I'm the gym leader here. Put two and two together you moron.

(Y/N): Fine then. Let's go.

You walked around her and tossed a poke ball down onto the ground. Abra emerged and entered his fighting stance.

Misty: Right here? As if. We are going to the gym now and-

(Y/N): Then why did you come here just to tell me we were going to the gym?

Misty blinked a few times. She raised a hand to object but remained silent. You looked at her, relatively annoyed. She then dropped the look and glared over at you.

Misty: Listen here you little-

(Y/N): So, are going to do this or what?

Misty: Fine then, Mister! You're on!

Misty threw out her Staryu. Type disadvantage on her end. Good for you.

(Y/N): Abra! Teleport!

Misty smirked as Abra teleported and attempted to kick Staryu. Staryu dodged the attack.

Misty: Tackle!

Staryu shot itself forward to attack Abra. Abra teleported again to dodge the attack and slammed its hands down onto the water-type. Abra teleport again to stand in front of you.

(Y/N): Psychic!

Abra looked at Staryu. His hand flashed purple and a small aura around Staryu lifted the Pokemon up into the air and slammed it back down onto the ground twice. Staryu slowly got back up and Misty pointed at Abra.

Misty: Water gun!

(Y/N): Teleport!

Both moves went out. Abra was able to dodge the water gun and counter with another whack down onto the Staryu, knocking it out. You smirked a bit and together, as Misty threw out Starmie.