The Dangerous Road Ahead

The roaring seas crashed down around you as you and your team moved forward toward Cinnabar Island. You whistled a little as you leaned on the railing of the ship. You took in a deep breath and rotated yourself on the bars of the ship, glancing up to the sun. Still, Koga's words lingered in your mind as you went ahead and glanced around, watching the water move by and the other passengers pass around. You pressed your thumbs together as you took a deep breath, just thinking. Why were you doing this? What were the benefit to you and those around you? Why...were you giving these thoughts the time of day.

You shook your head and held it upright. You cracked your neck a little as you looked out across the sea. This was your destiny. It had to be. No matter what. You were going to be the best. You were going to kick ass. You...were just a kid.

You hit your forehead again with the palm of your hand. You were being idiotic. Now was not the time for that. Now was the time for you to get your head in the game. You were approaching Cinnabar Island and it would be now or never for you to get that badge, get to the next city and get your butt up to the Championship. The massive horn from the ship rang out, telling everyone you were closing in on the island. You grabbed your bag and cracked your neck again.

(Y/N): Showtime.

You slung your bag over your shoulder and walked down along the deck. It was time for you to claim your victory here and now. You watched as the ship slowly moved into port, getting right beside the dock. What surprised you was that you saw him there. Blaine. Standing along the docks, glaring up at the massive ship. The ramp lowered down to the docks and passengers began to move off of the ship.

You joined the brigade and stepped on down towards the dock. You stopped once you stepped in front of the gym leader.

Blaine: (Y/N), I presume.

(Y/N): Presume correctly. Let me guess, Koga contacted you?

Blaine: Yes. He did. He said someone was apparently a "hot shot." His words, not mine, kid.

(Y/N): Good to know. So then, what can I do for you then?

Blaine: Simple. Drop the attitude when we fight.

(Y/N): Good thing I was heading straight towards your gym. We can walk and talk then.

Blaine huffed and scoffed a little. He began to walk away from you, leading you down towards the gym. You cracked your neck a little and followed behind him. You glanced around at his posture, trying to figure out what you could and could not use for yourself in battle. He glanced back and stopped in his tracks.

Blaine: Don't be a wise guy, either.

(Y/N): Relax. I'm just here to challenge you, the same as the others.

Blaine: Sure you are.

The doors to the gym opened and Blaine walked into the arena. You smirked and stood in your side as well, cracking your knuckles. Blaine looked at you and saw your smirk growing on your face.

Blaine: Very well then, boy. We shall start with the basics.

(Y/N): Basics?

Blaine said nothing in response but threw out his Ponyta. You cracked your neck and got into your own battle stance. You grabbed your safari ball and threw out the latest addition to your team. Your Rhyhorn. He landed down firmly and roared out a little.

(Y/N): Let's get to work. Rock Slide!

_____________________________________________________________

Misty was inside the Stone Town Gym, shifting her legs around in a slight stance; before her was a punching bag. She yelled out and threw a right hook, hitting the bag completely. Misty cried out a little as she began to throw punch after punch against the bag, all while shifting her feet and going to town. Off in the corner of the gym, watching her was Warren, smiling a little to himself.

Warren: Good. Keep that aggression up. Let it all flow out.

Misty yelled again as she threw a few more punches, only stopping a few moments later to catch her breath. Warren walked over to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, sparking her attention slightly. He smiled warmly at her, and she returned it. In his other hand was a bottle of water. Eagerly, Misty took it and, with it, a massive swig of her own drink.

Misty: Thanks.

Warren: No problem. Impressive performance.

Misty: What's that supposed to mean? I was a gym leader once; you know that, right?

Warren laughed a little and walked past her, aiming for the window nearby.

Warren: I'm aware. It's just that normally fighting-type specialists are the crazy ones who want to punch and kick everything.

Misty: Wouldn't you know? How has Bea been anyway?

Warren: Wouldn't know. Haven't spoken to her in a good few months. Plus...it's not like that. Not anymore.

Misty: Oh...sorry about that.

Warren: Nothing to worry about. Just happened. Outside our control.

Misty nodded a little.

Misty: Must have been sad.

Warren: It was. We both weren't happy at first. But then we started to move on. Live our own lives. After that, everything just kinda made sense to break up. Sure we were sad about it, but that doesn't mean we don't care for each other. Granted, she did want to kick my head off of my body for a few days post-breakup but hey. Do what you gotta do, am I right?

Warren laughed a little and turned back to face Misty. She had her head down a little, thinking about something. Warren looked a little concerned and walked up to her.

Warren: I hope I haven't said something wrong.

Misty: Oh. Sorry. Just looking back on how things went with (Y/N). More importantly, what I need to do about it.

Warren: What do you need to do about it?

Misty looked up and over towards a TV screen. On the screen was your Machop cross-cutting down onto Blaine's Growlithe. The fire pokemon is knocked down to the ground as your Machop lands down beside it, picks it up and slams it down onto the ground. In the battle, your pokemon glows and finally evolves into a solid Machoke. He flexes his muscles and gets ready to fight as Arcanine comes out.

Misty: I think I need to have a conversation with him.

Warren: Are you sure about that? With how he has treated you?

Misty: Well, you are helping me. I feel like I should assist him too.

Warren: Are you really sure about it?

Misty hung her head a little, taking in a deep breath. She turned back to Warren and shrugged a little bit.

Misty: Honestly, I have no idea. But I feel as if it would be best if I did. Give him a chance to find a better road. Because I don't think he's...he's how he was.

Warren: I mean, I'm right there with you. But I'm just saying.

Misty: Warren, trust me.

Warren sighed and took a few steps back from Misty, and nodded along. She smiled at him and walked over to her bag and checked inside, and nodded a little as well. Picking it up, she placed the bag over her shoulder and smiled over at Warren.

Warren: If you need any help...please. Don't hesitate to ask.

Misty: I won't. Thank you..for everything.

Warren nodded as Misty walked out of the gym. Warren watched her and nodded a little, leaning against the wall.

Warren: This will either be really good...or really bad.

Warren glanced up and saw that you had beaten Blaine on the TV. You nodded a little as Blaine stood still, waiting for you to walk up to him. Warren rubbed his chin as he watched you walk over and grab your seventh gym badge from the Indigo League. The camera cut away from the battle as you walked away with your pokemon and the badge now firmly inside your case.

Warren: I hope you know what you are doing, Misty.