Motivation

There you were, you were six years old, running outside your house. You giggled a little and turned back to the door, and stuck out your tongue a little as a little Charmander followed you outside. She playfully roared, and you jumped around a little with your pokemon friend. You laughed a little more as you run around your house to the backyard fence with Charmander chasing after you. Once you guys got in the backyard, Charmander jumped forward and playfully tackled you to the ground.

You laughed as you and your pokemon looked at one another in the eyes and smiled widely. You hugged your friend and pulled her close to you, cuddling up to it like a pet. That's when you heard the glass breaking again. You peeked up and saw your mother storm outside the backdoor, anger all over her face. You shuffled back with your pokemon, Charmander breaking out of your grip to stand in front of you.

(Y/N): Charmander?

Mother: You piece of shit! Stay away from me!

You looked past your pokemon and whined a little in pain. Your eyes were closed as you knew who she was yelling at. Luckily, it wasn't you, it was your father. He followed her outside as your mother walked down from the deck.

Father: What the fuck are you going to do about it?

Your mother turned around and slapped him in the face. You covered your eyes. This was becoming more and more frequent as time went on. You heard your father shout out and slam something down onto the deck floor. You didn't want to watch. You didn't want to listen. You shuffled back a little towards the shed as the two continued to yell.

Mother: Don't you dare raise your voice at me!

Father: What's it to you?! All you do is leech off of my money and time! I could be out there exploring the entire world if it wasn't for you!

Mother: Then why don't you?! We don't need you here! We don't want you here!

Father: I'm here because of him! Because at least I actually give a damn about what he can do!

Mother: No, you don't! You're obsessed with the past, Dalton! Every damn day, it is what could have been! Never what is right before you!

Dalton: I wonder whose fault is that?

Your mother slapped your father once again. You heard your father growl a little as he slowly turned back to face her. He groaned a little and rubbed his eyes a little. He stepped away from her and turned back only to glare.

Dalton: I am trying my best here. But I can't keep trying when you give me NOTHING but negativity and hardship! Look, we are on hard times right now. Maybe instead of blaming me for all your problems, we can find a solution to everything.

Mother: Well, the reason we are in such a hard time is because you got me pregnant!

Dalton: And I told you so many times, we weren't ready for a kid! Now, look where that got us??!! Here, desperate for money and for-

Mother: Don't you dare blame him!

Dalton: Me? It sounds like you are blaming him! I said that abortion could have been an option for you! But what did you do? You looked me in the eyes and laughed!

Mother: You know my stance on it!

Your father groaned a little and turned away from her. He took a few steps back before turning back to your mother.

Dalton: We're done here.

Mother: Damn right about that.

The two just stood there. Your father groaned a little more before pointing to the house.