No Love

You had packed up your gear. You placed your extra balls into the bag, clean clothes, sleeping bag, some food, and more. You got your stuff together and finally got ready to head out. You walked out of your room and down the steps, moving through the house a little to stay silent. You didn't want to alert anyone else. You rounded around the stairs and looked forward and saw the living room. You saw Misty and Warren talking, softly.

You had no idea what they were talking about. And frankly, you had no little care to know. But as you watched, you saw something that made you snap. Hair pushing, Getting close to Misty's face. Cupping his cheek. You looked away just before you knew what would happen next. And slowly, you walked away, moving silently to the door and walked out. You kept your head low as you moved out from the town. You had wasted enough time. You needed to move forward.

You pushed a few couples of townsfolk. You wanted to get out of town and fast. You got to the border of the town, leaving it without a second thought. You pulled your cap down, shielding your eyes from the sun and the passersby. You didn't bother to look up. You didn't want to. Your next target was Safferon City and Sabrina. A Psychic-type leader. You had your abilities for that. You already knew Psychic-type weaknesses and you were ready to take them on. Here and now.

Fire types and Ground types were next. Easy things to handle. No big deal. Still...Misty...

You shook your head. It didn't matter. All that mattered was moving forward. You went over the next hill and began to move up south towards the city. Once there, you could clean up a little. It would take a couple of days but it would be worth it. You didn't know what was going to be next but you had a rough idea. You shook your head a little and continued until sundown. As the sun slowly lowered down onto the Kanto Region, you propped yourself up against a stone and rested still.

You tossed out Charmeleon from her poke ball. She looked at you and lightly tapped your leg. You groaned a little and stood up.

(Y/N): Look, I...watch my stuff Charmeleon. I'll be back with something to burn. Stay safe.

Charmeleon didn't even nod. She just turned back and looked at your stuff. You rolled your eyes and walked away, not saying anything to your pokemon. You moved through the small brush, finding some stones, twigs anything really that would help you start up a fire and keep it burning. Once you walked backed to your makeshift campsite, you saw Charmeleon was still away from you. You dropped the twigs and stones into a circle and began to set up, the entire time Charmeleon was looking away from you.

Once you were done with the setup, you looked over to Charmeleon and coughed a little.

(Y/N): Oh come on. Now is not the time to be a pouty thing.

Charmeleon kept looking away at you. You sighed and walked over to your partner. However, she quickly turned away from you. You were slightly taken aback but you rubbed the back of your neck a little.

(Y/N): Charmeleon. I'm not trying to start anything. I just want this fire burning so we can get food going tonight.

You stepped in her view again but Charmeleon turned back to the pile of sticks and stones.

(Y/N): Why are you even upset about this? What? Did you want to evolve instead?

Charmeleon glared back at you. You sighed. You knew that's what she wanted. And honestly, while you agreed with her, that shouldn't have made her act this way. You walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder as you sat down beside her.

(Y/N): I understand. Misty...the...I guess now breakup, you not evolving. Us wasting our time at that place. But you don't need to be nor have the right to be a pouty pokemon. I need to start focusing on the others, just as much as I focus on you. There is a reason it is called a pokemon team and not just a trainer and a pokemon.

Charmeleon slowly looked over to you, her head both looking up while eyes were down. You sighed a little and softly pet her head some more.

(Y/N): Please...try to understand. I'm also trying to not only help you...but myself. In order to have the best possible way of doing this, I need to keep moving forward. No matter what. And I don't want to sound cruel, but I'm not going to let some high-strung emotional teenage girl get in my way.

Charmeleon looked up at you once you were done speaking. You honestly had no idea what to do next. Or hell, what even to say next. You just looked at your partner and then saw her move up and curl up like a cat in your lap. You laughed a little and softly pet her before forcing her off of you.

(Y/N): And as much fun as that is, we need food for the night. Would you mind?

Charmeleon nodded and used ember to light up some of the sticks and stones, allowing a fire to burn. You got up and got your dinner supplies out and prepared to make food. You got some nice meats going and poured out some pokemon food for your teammates. Dinner was mostly in silence as you guys just went ahead and reflected on your times and where things were headed off next.

Truth be told, hell, not even you had a plan in mind. You just wanted to get out. Granted, you wanted to become pokemon champion but why? Because that is everyone's dream? Because you wanted to be remembered? What was your purpose here? And the big one, did Misty really have a say in what was to happen next? Like...why did her opinion matter so much to you?

Yes, you liked her..a lot. But that shouldn't have caused something like this of happening. It's just insanity in your opinion. Something that should not have truly even happened at all. And yet, here you were. Away from her, thoughts still on her, as you were in the middle of the mountains just trying to get to a city to do battle with someone you frankly had no care in. You just wanted the badge and move on. And the next time and the next.

You took a swig of your drink and leaned your head up against your bag as you slumped off of the log you were sitting on. Forget Misty...forget the reason why. You knew what you wanted and damnit you were going to grab it and hold onto it.

But the same question flooded into your head. Why? Why did you want this so bad? Why was it lingering in your brain? Why any of this and why now?

You still had those thoughts in your head. And you had no idea what you could even do next. You stood up and paced around a little once you were done with your food. Quickly, Charmeleon got up and walked over to you. You were sitting down away from your team as you just had to think a little about life. Mostly on where to go next. As you were thinking, Charmeleon stepped up to you and looked at you. You smiled at her as you both placed your foreheads up against the other.

(Y/N): Thanks Charmeleon. Thanks for always watching out for me.

You smiled as you rested against your partner. Unknown to you, Charmeleon glowed a little before her form started to change. Your eyes shot open as you saw the ultimate evolution. Charmeleon was no more. She was now a full-on Charizard.

You smiled at her as she roar, releasing flames up into the air. You laughed a little like a child as she looked down at you. Quickly, you got up and hugged your friend as she quickly hugged you back. Hope was restored in your mind. And now...now was the time for the next battle. And next mission. The next destiny. With or without Misty...you were going to win.