Chapter 2

Lindsey was not happy to see her ex-husband walk into the pub. Michael O'Hare was still good looking for being an older man, but he was a major asshole. He could be vicious if he didn't get his way. She turned her attention away from the man, who was escorting his new flavor of the month. She wasn't going to let him ruin her good time. 

        "I wonder why he is here. Michael never comes into this place. He knows that we hang out here." Austin stated. "Just ignore him, Lindsey. We have your back if he starts anything."

         "This man knows that you are cops, right? Why would he be stupid enough to start something?" Adam asked, causing the other three to look at him. They had briefly forgotten that he was there, because he had been so quiet.

          "The man IS stupid. He is Michael O'Hare." Chance told him. Adam looked at Lindsey when he noticed that they had the same last name. He hadn't seen a ring on her finger. He notices things like that, especially if the woman was attractive. "The ex-husband. Not a nice guy. Austin and I damn near beat his ass a few times. Back during our days at the academy together."

         "Let's get back to the game, ok? We don't need to be talking about that, Chance." Lindsey gave him a look that told him to shut up.

         Adam was curious now. From what he had heard, this group was supposed to be badass. Something must have happened during their days at the academy. The two men were starting to act protective of her, going by their body language. He sat back and just watched as she tried to get back into the game she was playing. Austin went to put some money in the jukebox and picked out a few songs. The music seemed to relax Lindsey a little bit. 

        Michael O'Hare sat at a table with his current fling. He sat facing the billiards area and saw his ex-wife there with her buddies. He smirked slightly. He didn't normally come into this dive but he knew her routine. She had always been a creature of habit. So predictable when she was younger. They hadn't seen each other in a few years. He had to admit that she looked good. Time had been kind to her. She was more fit now. She had cut off her long hair, which had always been thick as hell. He watched as she pretended to not have seen him. He saw Chance talk to her after he had seen him. Those two were always around her. He noticed the new guy sitting there. Was this her new man? He always thought that she was sleeping with one of the other two, not believing that they were just friends. She hadn't known about his cheating until Austin had seen him someplace. That had been one explosive conversation that he and Lindsey had before she filed for divorce. He decided to make his way over to them.

         Adam saw him approach and went into alert mode. Another occupational hazard. Austin had seen him, too, and went to stand near Lindsey.

         "Well, what do we have here? The police force whore with her two watchdogs. You look good, Linds. Want to have a drink for old times?" Michael asked. 

          Adam watched as she didn't even acknowledge him and continued to play against Chance. When Michael grabbed her by the arm and forced her to spin around, he stood up.

         "I was talking to you, bitch. It's rude not to answer a question." Michael looked pissed at being ignored. Who did she think she was, treating him like that?

         "What the fuck do you want? None of us have anything to say to you. And it's Detective bitch to you, Michael. You need to go back to your table. Your girlfriend is getting angry over there." She pulled her arm out of his grasp. He went to grab it again only to be stopped by the three men.

        "You need to leave. The lady obviously doesn't want to talk to you. Would you like me to escort you back to your table or are you going to leave willingly?"