Chapter 28

They all looked at each other. They had forgotten about Ramon.

        "I feel so stupid forgetting about him when we finished up the case with Michael," Linsey told them. She made another rookie mistake. She felt Adam's hands on her shoulders, squeezing them reassuringly. He always seemed to be able to read her well.

          "These other photos are just sickening. I don't think that I have ever seen anything this bad in homicide," Oleana said after looking at the crime scene photos.

           "Looks like the ladies will be going undercover for this one," Chance said unhappily. He didn't like the idea of their women being put into this kind of danger. The photos were gruesome.

           "Wait a minute. We can all go undercover in this one." Lindsey said.

         "You have a plan already, sweetheart?" Adam asked.

         "If we go in as hookers, you guys could be our pimps. Adam's hair has grown out a little so he won't be recognizable. The only one that Ramon has met is Oleana, and he thought that she was a call girl anyway." Lindsey had told them. "You guys need to go shopping for clothes suitable for pimps. This is going to be fun."

           All three men scowled at her. They hated shopping. 

         "If we have to go shopping, so do you. You need some hooker clothes. We can go to the dance club that most of the pimps hang out. I know what, I can pose as the pimp and Chance and Adam can be your customers." Austin said.

           "That would leave Oleana without someone, you idiot. As much as I like the idea of Adam being my customer, the original idea stands. There are pimps that sleep with their hookers. That's how it will work with us."

          Austin sighed as he got ready to leave. "Come on, men. Let's get this over with." Adam and Chance got up to follow him. They kissed their ladies before leaving.

           "That was a brilliant idea, Linds. I can't wait to see what they pick out. I'm trying to picture Austin in something outlandish." Oleana laughed.

           "Well, ladies. I guess we should head out, too. At least our shopping should be easier. There are a lot of shops that sell sexy outfits."

             Adam, Chance and Austin find a clothing shop for men at the Santa Rosa Plaza. Austin is really the only one that enjoys shopping and the other two keep grumbling at him.

            "I don't even know what pimps wear. Should we get something that looks like it's from the 70's?" Chance asked.

            "Oh hell no. I'm not dressing like that. I think more like dress shirts and nice pants. We can undo a few of the buttons on the shirts. I think that is how they dress nowadays. We don't want to look tacky." Austin said.

            "We could look more like fancy business men. The kind that handle high priced call girls or run the fancy escort services. I refuse to look like Huggy Bear from the old Starsky and Hutch tv series from the 70's." Adam had said.

             They continue to shop and find a couple of outfits for each of them. Then they decide to purchase one as a joke to show the girls.

            "Can you just imagine the look on their faces if we wear one of these?" Austin asks, laughing. He buys a green and pink pinstripe suit. Adam finds a yellow and purple pinstripe suit. Chance finds a red and gold pinstripe suit. They couldn't  wait to show the women these. Maybe next time the girls will do the shopping for them.