Chapter 26

Adam and Lindsey had fallen asleep after spending a couple of hours making wild, passionate love. They lay there holding each other as they fell asleep. Tim, Austin and Chance played cards for awhile until the cellphone beeped with a text. Tim checked the message and  read it. After he read it he looked at the other two men.

         "He is going to be here in a half hour. We need to be ready. We have men hiding at the end of the road behind some trees and bushes, waiting. I'm going to call them and tell them to be on the alert. After Michael pulls in, they are to start walking this way. We need to wake up Adam and Lindsey. He needs to tie her back up."

           Chance went down the hall and knocked. "Adam, you need to wake up." The door opened and a sleepy Adam appeared. "Michael will be here in thirty minutes. Get ready." He shut the door.

         Adam sprung into action. "Lindsey, love, you need to wake up. Michael is on his way."

        She sat straight up and looked at him. She saw that he was serious and quickly put her clothes on. This was almost over. No more living in fear. She was taking her life back tonight. They actually decided to hide outside and then Lindsey would surprise him. Adam held her behind a huge tree as they saw car head lights coming up the road. Adam signaled to the others. They watched as Michael got out of his car with a bag. He was whistling some tune as he entered the house. Austin ran to the car and slashed a tire as fast as he could without being seen. They heard Michael yelling for the other men as he came outside and looked around frantically. Adam told Lindsey that it was show time.

          "Looking for someone, Michael?" She asked, making him freeze in his tracks.

         "Thank god you are ok, Lindsey. I heard that you were abducted from some park. What are you doing here?" Michael was trying to act like he hadn't known that she was there. Was he really that stupid?

         "Save it, Michael. I got the whole story from your flunkies who are now sitting in jail. I was told how you had planned to rape me."

         "Not rape, sweetheart. Make love to you. I saw a video staring you and that cop that you have been hanging out with. I never knew you had that kind of drive. Very hot. Why weren't you like that when we were married?" He started walking towards her. She backed up a little and started circling him. "Isn't he a little young for you, anyways?"

         "Only by a year or two. He is still more of a man than you could ever hope to be. And yes, it is rape because I would never go to you willingly. You only care about causing pain when you have sex. I would have shut my mind off and not reacted in any way. It would have been like you were fucking a corpse. It's the fight that gets you off. Dominating the weak. Guess what Michael. You have no power over me any more." She once again had that icy cold blue glare of fury in her eyes. They shone in the moonlight outside.

         "Lindsey, I have lots of money now. We could make a fresh start. You could quit your job and take care of me like you were supposed to do so long ago. Remember how it used to be when we first met?"

          "It was all lies, Michael. You tried to break me. You succeeded for a time. You got your money selling drugs. You wrote those threatening notes. You had someone attack me in my own home. It's lucky that I live next door to my boyfriend and best friends. They were able to distract him so that I was able to pump him full of lead. Yes, Michael. I'm the one that killed him. You are a coward, having others do your dirty work." She kept taunting him. Adam stayed alert in case he had to jump in. Tim, Austin and Chance moved in closer, watching them. They saw Michael start to lose control of himself. She was waiting for it. She needed to put her training to good use. She saw the intent in his eyes before he charged at her. She spun out of the way, delivering a swift punch to his back as she did. "Is that all you've got? Come on, Michael. I thought you said you were a man." Adam watched in amazement. This is what Tim and Chance had been talking about that day when she let her fury cleanse her. Her eyes shone with ice cold blue fire. She was beautiful and scary at the same time.