Chapter 30

Adam felt his face lose its color. There were also two men behind Austin and Chance.

         "All three of you, get up. We are going to meet the ladies outside. As long as you cooperate, no one will get hurt." Adam gets up and spots Tim and Avi. He sees them slip out a different door and knows that they will be waiting to help. There were too many people inside and more people would get hurt if they tried to fight back while inside the building. Ramon pushes Adam to make him move. They head to the door where the women had gone through. Adam sees Lindsey, Sami and Oleana sitting with their arms tied behind their backs. Ramon and his thugs push Adam, Chance and Austin towards the women.

             "The six of you will be joining us for a little party. Right in this warehouse here." He walks over to Lindsey and pulls her up. "How could you possibly think that I wouldn't know who you were? You are Lindsey, no? I was great friends with Michael. I didn't understand his obsession with you. Now I see it. The blue fire in your eyes." She tries to struggle against her restraints and growls at him. "It will be fun trying to tame you while your man watches." Ramon pulls Lindsey's head back and tries to kiss her. Lindsey bites his tongue hard. "You crazy bitch!" He brings his arm back and backhands her, causing her to stumble back and fall. He then goes to Sami and pulls her up.

           "Now this beauty intrigues me. She has true beauty." He runs his hand up her leg and under her dress only to get kicked in the balls. He backhands her, too.

          "That's my girl," Chance says. Just as the guy behind Chance gets ready to knock him out, Avi and Tim arrive. 

          "Drop the weapons! Now! The two men drop the weapons. Austin turns around and throws a punch at the man behind him, knocking him out, just as Oleana is getting backhanded for spitting on Ramon. Avi puts cuffs on the two goons. They still need to get Ramon and the two that tied up the women.

              Adam takes one of the weapons and points it at Ramon. "Let them go, Ramon. If anything else happens to these women, you can bet that what happens to you will be so unpleasant that you will wish that you were dead."

            "I found these two hiding inside this van here," Tim had said, walking with two more men in cuffs. He pushes them onto the ground.

              Adam walks slowly to where Ramon was standing. Ramon puts his gun to Lindsey's head, making Adam freeze.

          "Adam, he will kill me anyway." She looks into Adam's eyes. Nobody is paying attention to Austin as he quietly unties Oleana and Sami. Sami had a knife strapped to her other thigh and pulled it out. As Adam catches her movements and sees her intent, he knocks Lindsey to the ground just as Sami throws her knife at Ramon's back, causing the gun to go off. Chance and Avi tackle Ramon to the ground and pull the knife out. Adam checks on Lindsey and sees that she is unconscious. The bullet had still hit her in the side after it ricocheted off of something.

           "Someone, call 911! Lindsey has been shot. Tell them to hurry! Hold on Linds. Please hold on." Adam yells as tears start going down his face. She was laying in a pool of her own blood.

          "I'm sorry, Adam. I was trying to get the gun away from her head when I threw the knife at him. I thought that you had knocked her down in time." Sami  says, crying. 

          "She was hit when the bullet ricocheted, Sami. It isn't your fault. Ramon is going to live. I'm sending them to the station in the squad cars that are here. I hear the paramedics and fire truck coming now." Tim says.

           "She is over here, guys. Please help her!" Oleana was showing the paramedics where Lindsey was. People had come outside to see what was going on. Austin and Chance were trying to get rid off the crowd.