Chapter 16

Chance and Sami rode with Lindsey and Adam. Sami didn't get to ride in her convertible very often. It was a beautiful hot day out. Lindsey kept looking into the mirror. She was catching the stolen glances between the two in the backseat. Then she noticed them holding hands. She quickly nudged Adam and nodded her head in their direction. Adam saw their hands and grinned at her. He then took her hand and held it as she followed Austin to the river. They found a place out on River Road  and stopped. There was a small parking lot and a short walk to the water. Not too many people came to this spot. They either went to Johnson's Beach or Memorial Beach up in Healdsburg. Everyone got out of the vehicles and helped carry stuff to the beach. The women laid out three large blankets. The towels were put down. Austin had a couple of beach umbrellas. They all had folding chairs to sit on. Adam grabbed Lindsey a beer and opened it for her.  She took it from him and smiled. She took a couple of sips and sat it down so that she could take her shorts off. Adam had just turned around to ask her something and all he could do was stare at her. She wore a somewhat skimpy purple bikini. 

          "I'm going to walk into the water to see how cold it is," she told him as she picked up her beer.

           "I'm right behind you, cousin," Sami told her. The two walked into the water with their drinks. "Ooh, this feels good. Let's go out a little farther. This water is nice and cool in this heat."

          "I know, right? I need to finish my beer so that I can go out deeper and swim." Lindsey and Sami walked back to the blankets and finished their beer. Oleana had just finished hers. After throwing the bottles into a trash bag, the three women looked at each other and ran into the water, diving when it got deep enough. The men watched as three heads popped up out of the water.

         "How is it, babe?" Austin asked Oleana.

        "Come on in and find out." The girls had climbed out of the water on the other side. Sami had seen a rope swing hanging and they were going to try it. "We could use a little help here. Neither one of us can reach this rope here."

           "I'll come help you girls." Adam said. Watching Lindsey in her bathing suit was driving him crazy. Watching the water drip from her was making it worse.

          "I'll come, too. I love rope swings," Chance said. All three got up and into the water. They swam over to the rope swing and climbed out. Adam had reached up and grabbed the rope for the women.

         "Thanks, Adam." Oleana said as she took the rope. She jumped, screaming as she let go and went into the water. Austin went next. Adam grabbed the rope for Lindsey to go next. As she got ready to jump, Adam took the chance to cop a feel on her butt as he pushed her out. He watched her let go of the rope and hit the water

           "I saw that, Adam,"  Sami said before Adam took his turn. Next went Sami and then Chance.

          Adam swam over to where Lindsey was floating on her back with her eyes closed. He grabbed her around the waist and pulled her under water. She came up sputtering. He only laughed as she threatened to get even. He tried swimming away as she came after him, not knowing how fast she could swim. She grabbed his leg and pulled him under. The others laughed at their silly war. They kept dunking each other until they made it back to the shallow water. He watched as she grabbed a beer and lit one of her cigarettes. Austin had said that he was getting hungry so everybody got out to grab a bite to eat. As they were eating they decided to discuss their case.

            "So, we are in agreement of putting a tail on Ramon?" Lindsey asked. "Ok, when we all check in at the station tomorrow, we will get that set up. Maybe we should check out some of the other known dealers around town. They could be getting their stuff from this guy."