vii. the marauders map

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     "𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 him before he could go splat."

     "I thought he was dead for sure."

     "Surprised his glasses didn't fall off, honestly."

     Harry could hear the voices whispering, but they made no sense whatsoever. He didn't have a clue where he was, or how he'd got there, or what he'd been doing before he got there. All he knew was every part of him was aching like he had been beaten.

     "That was the second scariest thing I've seen in my life."

Harry opened his eyes. He was lying in the hospital wing. The Gryffindor Quidditch team, spattered with mud from head to toe, was gathered around his bed. Ron and Hermione were also there, looking as though they'd just climbed out a swimming pool. Alena was no where in sight.

     "Harry!" Fred exclaimed, looking extremely white underneath the mud. "How're you feeling?"

     "What happened?" he asked, sitting up so suddenly they all gasped.

     "You fell off," Fred told him. "Must've been — what — almost fifty feet?"

     "You could've died." Alicia said, shaking.

     Hermione made a small, squeaky noise. Her eyes were bloodshot.

     "But the match," Harry started. "What happened? Are we doing a replay?"

     No one said anything. The truth sank into Harry like a stone.

     "We didn't — lose?"

     "Diggory got the Snitch," George explained. "Just after you fell. He didn't realize what happened. When he looked back and saw you, he tried to call it off. Wanted a rematch. But they won fair and square... even Wood admitted it."

"Where is Wood?" Harry asked, realizing he wasn't there.

"Still in the showers," Fred told him. "We think he's trying to drown himself."

Harry put his face to his knees, his hands gripping his hair. Fred grabbed his shoulder, shaking it roughly.

"C'mon, Harry, you've never missed the Snitch before."