li. mind games

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒐𝒏𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━ 𝕹𝗼𝘁 𝕬 𝕲𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝕮𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗻 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

      THE THOUGHTS OF HARRY, FRED, AND GEORGE GETTING BANNED FROM QUIDDITCH WERE FADING AS ALENA, HERMIONE, RON, AND HARRY RAN TO HAGRID'S HOUSE. They crept through the portrait hole and covered themselves hastily in the cloak—Ron had to crouch to stop his feet from showing—then, moving slowly and cautiously, they proceeded down the numerous staircases, pausing at intervals to check the map for signs of Filch or Mrs Norris; they saw no one except for Nearly-Headless Nick. They crept along the entrance hall and then out into the still, snowy grounds. With a leap of her heart, Alena saw small, iridescent golden squares of light ahead and smoke coiling up from Hagrid's chimney. Setting off with a quick walk, the other three followed her through the thickening snow until they reached the wooden front door; when Harry knocked three times; a dog started barking frantically inside.

"Hagrid, it's us!" Harry called through the keyhole.

"Shoulda known!" responded a gruff voice.

They beamed at one another under the cloak; they could tell that Hagrid's voice was pleased. "Bin home three seconds... out the way, Fang... out the way, yeh dozy dog..."

     The bolt was drawn back, the door creaked open, and Hagrid's head appeared in the gap.

     Hermione screamed; which quickly became muffled as Alena covered her mouth.

     "Keep it down!" Hagrid and Alena hissed, staring wildly over their heads. "Under that cloak, are yeh? Well, get in, get in!"

"Sorry!" Hermione gasped, as the four of them squeezed past Hagrid into the house and pulled the cloak off themselves so he could see them. "I just—oh, Hagrid!"

"It's nuthin, it's nuthin!" stressed Hagrid hastily, shutting the door behind them and hurrying to close all the curtains, but Hermione continued to gaze up at him in horror.

Hagrid's hair was matted with dried blood, and his left eye had been reduced to a puffy slit amid a storm of purple and black bruises. There were numerous cuts on his face and hands, and he was moving gingerly, which gave Alena the assumption that he had broken ribs.