xxxvii. beautifully undone

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━ 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹'𝘀 𝕻𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     TO BE QUITE BLUNT, ALENA BLACK COULD BE FORGETFUL, MUCH LIKE NOW.

     She was hitting herself ( figuratively of course ),for forgetting the important use of Gillyweed; a magical plant that would give a person the ability to breathe underwater for a limited amount of time.

     Helping Harry with his Triwizard Tournament tasks were not going as smooth as she'd hoped. Especially with all the naysayer's talking about. Even his parents wished him eternal peace, but everyone knew that was inevitable.

     Not just for him, but for everyone.

     But, unfortunately, Alena couldn't do anything about it. Her and Hermione were both called to Dumbledore's office and neither had a clue as to why.

     At first, Alena had considered the thought of him being more nosey than normal and wanting all the oddities of her Omni-Magic progression, and even if that was the reason, there was no real excuse for Hermione to be there.

     But then again, Albus Dumbledore always had a reason. Even if it was immolating two of his students to sunken creatures of the midnight lake.

     "HAVE YOU SEEN LENA ANYWHERE?" Harry asked his "girlfriend's" friends; Luna and Rolf. The pair shook their heads, gesturing over to where McGonagall stood in the stands, in the company of the other staff.

     "Nah, mate. Last time I saw her was this morning with Hermione, I think it was. But then they both got sent to the Headmaster's office," Rolf answered, Luna nodding along with his narration.

     The seconds task was only minutes away from starting, now. Everyone was now aware of it, and how the treasures were actual people.

     "Well, now that we have all our champions for the second task, which will start on my whistle. They have precisely one hour to recover what has been stolen from them. On the count of three. One, two, three!"

     When the whistle sounded, welkin cheers echoed from the crowd as the four champions dived in.

     The laughter Harry heard was muffled due to the underwater region. He was sure that it came from the jesting Slytherins that he didn't really heed for. However, he did hear the familiar cheers of his best friend: Ron.

     Once the Gillyweed had taken affect, he submerged himself into the infinite waters of the black lake. The overflow didn't feel cold, in fact, it felt quite sultry.

There was a cluster of Merepeople afloat before the houses that lined up to what seemed like an abysmal hamlet. The band of Merepeople were serenading the champions toward them.

Harry almost tempered when he saw Alena wedged between Hermione and Fleur's little sister who looked not older than eight.

Merepeople carried spears and tridents, Harry swam fasting toward them, attempting to as for a spear or trident, but the Merepeople just laughed.

"We do not help."

There were rocks feathering the bottom of the lake, he picked up rather jagged one. He began to hack the ropes the bounded Alena, only for him to remember he had his wand in hand; using it, he cut the binds off his Lover more efficiently.

Cedric and Viktor had both already saved their treasures, as they were called. Cedric being the first to rise to the surface of the lake as the people in the stands made a noise of congratulating, everyone seeming to have been on their feet.

Viktor, who had rescued Hermione, received the same mood of applaud from the crowd in the stands.

Maybe five minutes after the three champions emerged from the lake, Harry emerged from the surface with Alena and Fleur's little sister: Gabrielle.

Harry and Alena helped the little girl swim and eventually make it out of the waters where all the judges stood watching at least twenty Merepeople accompany them, almost like a guard of honor, while singing a horrible screeching song.

"Gabrielle! Gabrielle! Is she 'urt?"

Alena gave the fellow French damsel a reassuring look, "Elle va bien, she's fine." she replied, knowing how weak Harry was and that he could hardly speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we have reached our decision. Merchieftainess Marcus has told us what happened at the bottom of the lake, and therefore we decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions as follows..."

Fleur ended up with twenty-five points out of fifty. Cedric, with the use of the Bubblehead Charm, earned forty-seven out of fifty points. Viktor used an incomplete form of Transfiguration ( which was still effective, nevertheless ), and was second to return with his hostage. He was awarded forty points. Lastly was Harry, with his great use of Gillyweed, and still being outside of the time limit, he was awarded forty-five points.

     He was tied with Cedric for first place. Hermione and Ron started applauding along with the rest of the crowd. Alena missed the boys cheek, making his heart meander.

     "There you go, Harry! You weren't being thick after all!"

     "Congratulations, boy's. You did it, both of you," Alena praised, giving Harry the tightest hug.

     Oh, t-this is nice, Harry thought, returning the hug. He had been roped into hugs before, but this one was different. It was like all the pain, all the danger that he just endured was worth it.

     She made it worth it.