xxxv. too good to be true

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━ 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹'𝘀 𝕻𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

THE NIGHT OF THE YULE BALL APPROACHED FASTER THAN ALENA THOUGHT IT WOULD. She was in her dormitory with Hermione, and to her surprise, her mum, dad, and aunt had traveled to Hogwarts, along with Lily, James, and Remus who were helping Harry get ready.

Hermione, who was already, was dressed in robes made of light, periwinkle-blue material. She also fixed her hair, leaving it sleek and shiny, twisting it up into an elegant knot with the help of Morgana.

     Alena, was slipping into the dress in her dorm bathroom. Her dress was made of black tulle lace, the hemline going down to the floor, and the dress' silhouette being laid in an A fashion.

     Her jewelry was minimal. She wore the golden niffler bracelet she got from Rolf last christmas, and the ring Harry got her for her birthday last year.

     Her shoes were black lace up heels, and her hair was straightened. The first time in years, so since it grew, it came down to her waist.

Alena was ill at ease about dancing in front of hundreds of students. She hoped that Harry would have a good time with her.

     "Come on, Mini Me! Let's see how beautiful you look!" Lenna Black exclaimed from the other side of the door as the knob to the bathroom twisted.

     Alena pushed open the door, revealing the floor-length gown, straightened hair, and iridescent jewelry.

    Her friend and family were blindsided by how elegant she looked. Sirius was proud that his daughter was growing up, but dismal at the same instant. He wanted her to be his little girl forever, and to him, she would be. But he also knew that her life was going to be hard; hard as hell. And he felt awful that she was going to have to endure what he did.

     Morgana was stunned. It made her think about her time at the Yule Ball, and pure nostalgia hit her in waves. She saw a lot of her in Alena. The authentic kindness, how lovable she could be, and even her relationship with Harry. It reminded her of how she used to act towards Sirius back at Hogwarts. It was pure.