lvi. valentine's day

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ .
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙" 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ━ 𝕹𝗼𝘁 𝕬 𝕲𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝕮𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲𝗻 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

HARRY'S QUESTION WAS ANSWERED THE VERY NEXT MORNING. When Hermione's Daily Prophet arrived she smoothed it out, gazed for a moment at the front page, and gave a yelp that caused everyone in the vicinity to stare at her.

"What?" said Alena, Harry, and Ron together.

For answer, she spread the newspaper on the table in front of them and pointed at ten black-and-white photographs that filled the whole of the front page, nine showing wizards' faces and the teeth, a witch's. Some of the people in the photographs were silently jeering; others were tapping their fingers on the frames of their pictures, looking insolent. Each picture was captured with a name and the crime for which the person had been sent to Azkaban.

     Antonin Dolohov, read the legend beneath a wizard with a long, pale, twisted face who was sneering up at Harry, convicted of the brutal murders of Gideon and Fabian Prewett.

      Augustus Rookwood, said the caption beneath a pockmarked man with greasy hair who was leaning against the edge of his picture, looking bored, convicted of leaking Ministry of Magic secrets to He Who Must Not Be Named.

      But Alena's eyes were drawn to the picture of the witch.
Her face had leapt out at her the moment she had seen the page. She had long, dark hair that looked unkempt and straggly in the picture, though she had seen it sleek, thick, and shining. She glared up at her through heavily lidded eyes, an arrogant, disdainful smile playing around her thin mouth.
Like Sirius, she retained vestiges of great good looks, but something—perhaps Azkaban—had taken most of her beauty.

      Bellatrix Lestrange, convicted of the torture of Frank and Alice Longbottom and the murder of Mary Macdonald.

       Hermione nudged Alena and pointed at the headline over the pictures, which Alena, concentrating on Bellatrix, had not yet read.