xxvi. like a flame

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ━ 𝕯𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹'𝘀 𝕻𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

BEFORE THE BLINK OF AN EYE, HARRY, ALENA, HERMIONE, SIRIUS, MORGANA, LILY, JAMES, REMUS, AND THE WEASLEY'S STOOD IN FRONT OF THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS.

The last week of the summer holidays were more than less uneventful after they had returned to their respective homes after the Quidditch World Cup. Lily and Morgana fussing over James and Sirius' language was to be expected, but otherwise, the last days were quite peaceful.

Charlie grinned before he departed with the teenagers, "I'll be seeing all of you sooner than you think."

Bill nodded in agreement. "We can't say, but Charlie's going to be arriving at Hogwarts to help out with what's going on."

     "What is it?" Ron asked eagerly.

     Charlie tisked, "That, my brother, remains classified. You'll find out soon."

"Alright kids," Lily chuckled at the adolescents sudden interest, glancing at James' watch. "You all better get on the train before it leaves without you."

After a proper round of goodbyes we're exchanged, the teens boarded the Hogwarts Express.

Ron and Hermione were ahead of Harry and Alena as they searched for an empty compartment. Ginny went to go join her friends while Fred and George met up with their friend, Lee Jordan. Rolf had wondered off down the corridors of the train, also searching for someone to sit with.

     The four settled into a compartment; Ron and Hermione seated themselves across from the remaining two.

Alena mentally cursed herself for noticing how close Harry sat beside her. Even the smallest interaction somehow managed to make a her blush with embarrassment. She knew he was trying to set her off, and Merlin was it working.

    "I wonder who our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is going to be." Ron spoke, and Alena couldn't have been more grateful.

     "Yeah, me too. Lupin was my favorite." Hermione agreed. "He's the only one who actually taught us properly."

"Lockhart was my least favorite," Harry interjected. "Thank Merlin Quirrell didn't have his massive ego."