xvii. demons kiss

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     HARRY HAD NEVER BEEN PART OF A STRANGER GROUP. Crookshanks led the charge down the stairs; Remus, Peter, and Ron went next. Then came Professor Snape, drifting creepily along, his toes hitting each step as they descended, held up by his own wand, which was being pointed at him by James.

     "I want to be your father, Alena. If you'll allow me to be," Sirius began. "I'd understand if you didn't want me to. In fact, you'd be just like me; pushing away my family. Anyway, it's your choice, Darling. I—"

     The witch of chaos began laughing, "Dad, respectfully... tais-toi." (shut up) The eldest Black now wore the impression of happiness on his face. "I would love for you to be my Dad, again."

     For a few minutes, there was a comfortable silence meshed between them. Except for the small thumps Snape's head would make on the low ceiling.

     "You know what this means?" Sirius abruptly asked his daughter, as they made their low progress along the tunnel. "Turning Peter in?"

     "You're free." Alena answered.

     "Yeah..." Sirius trailed. "Which means we can be a family again. Me, you, Morgana, and Lenna."

"That sounds nice, perfect even."

Sirius' face broke out into the first true smile Alena had seen. The difference it made was somewhat startling, as though a person ten years younger was shining through the mask; for a moment, he was recognized as the man who married Morgana.

They continued the conversation until they reached the end of the tunnel. Crookshanks darted up first; he had evidently pressed his paw to the knot on the trunk, because Remus, Peter, and Ron clambered upwards without any sound of savaging branches.

Sirius saw Snape through the hole, the stood back for Alena, Harry, James, and Hermione to pass. Finally, all of them were out.