xiii. everlasting damage

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     THE EUPHORIA OF WINNING THE QUIDDITCH CUP LASTED AT LEAST A WEEK. Even the weather seemed to be in celebration as June approached, the days soon became cloudless and sultry, and all anybody felt like doing was strolling into the grounds and flipping onto the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the table.

But they couldn't. The exams were creeping upon them, and instead of lazing around outside, the students were forced to remain inside the castle, trying to force their brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted through the windows. Even Fred and George had been spotted working; they were bound to take their OWL's (Ordinary Wizarding Levels) Percy was getting ready to sit his NEWT's (Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests), the highest qualification Hogwarts offered. As Percy hoped to enter the the Ministry of Magic, he needed top grades. He was becoming increasingly edgy and gave very severe punishments to anyone who disturbed the quietness of the common room in the evenings. In fact, the only people who seemed more anxious than Percy were Hermione and somewhat Alena.

     Ron and Harry had given up asking them how they were managing to attend several classes at once, but they couldn't restrain themselves when they saw the exam timetable they had arranged.

     MONDAY

     9 o'clock, arthimancy

     9 o'clock, transfiguration

     lunch

     1 o'clock, charms

     1 o'clock, ancient runes

     "Lena darling," Harry asked as if Ron was to ask Hermione, she was liable to explode. "Are you sure you've copied these down right?"

"Hmm," she hummed, looking down at the timetable. "Yes, of course I have."

"I assume there's no point asking how you're going to sit two exams at once?" Harry wondered.