x. silver mantles

▆▆ ·  ·  ·  · ♡ ୭ ̥◌ . 
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ 
˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

  ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆  ˚ · • ꗃ 𓈈 " chapter 𝒕𝒆𝒏 " 𓂃 ! ⊹˚˖⁺  

𝐕𝐎𝐋. 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ━ 𝖄𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝕭𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗳𝘂𝗹 °. ୭̥❁.*
━━ ❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ . ˚ ⚘ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

     𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐘 Hermione had told Professor McGonagall but, she was still upset to some extent. Alena didn't think it was her place to take away their brooms but she knew she had to be there for Hermione since neither of the boys were.

     Hermione spent most of her time in the library and remained convinced that she had acted for the best. Alena would stay with her on her studying nights; which was almost every night. But she did miss Ron and Harry. But then again, Harry and Alena were in similar positions throughout this whole quarrel. It seemed like Ron had claimed Harry while Hermione claimed Alena. All around, they were glad when the rest of the school had returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower quickly became crowded and noisy again.

Wood sought Harry and Alena out on the night before the term started.

"Had a good Christmas?" he asked them, not waiting for a response, he sat down, lowered his voice and spoke, "I've been doing some thinking over the Christmas, Lena, Harry. After the last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next match — I mean — we can't afford to lose —"

Wood broke off, looking awkward.

"I'm working on it," Harry explained quickly. "Professor Lupin said he and Lena'll train me to ward the Dementors off. We should be starting this week; he said he'd have time after Christmas."

"Ah," Wood hummed thoughtfully, his expression clearing. "Well, in that case — I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. Nor Lena as Chaser. And have you ordered new brooms yet?"

"No." Alena and Harry answered.

     "What! You'd both better get a move on — neither of you can ride those Shooting Stars against Ravenclaw!"

     "They got a Thunderbolt and Firebolt for Christmas." Ron explained to Wood.

     "A Thunderbolt and a Firebolt? No! Seriously? Like — real ones?"

     "Don't get so excited, Ollie," Alena told him, her eyes darkening. "We haven't got them anymore. They were confiscated." She told him how the brooms were now being checked for jinxes.