Chapter 20

*Tommy Pov*

Dream came home in the late afternoon but he was acting a bit strange at first. I got punched in the face and my nose was bleeding for a while but it's just a bit sore now. We are sitting at the table eating our last meal of the day.

Ranboo made rice and chicken. He made gravy so we put the gravy on the rice.

We ate in silence just the occasional question or small talk. I didn't really mind considering I was still tired from waking up early. Not to mention sleeping in the dirt. My back was a bit sore.

Im debating mentioning what Ranboo and I saw in Dream's room but then he'll know we were in his room. Ranboo was acting nervous. I hope Dream hasn't realized it. He might figure out something is up. Truth is what we saw in his room was a bit scary. Pictures of some guy in places and the guys routine. I'm fairly certain Dream has been stalking him. And for some time too.

"So where were you guys," Dream asked. I felt Ranboo's panic. "What do you mean," I asked swallowing.

"Last night. You didn't come home, remember," Dream asked eyeing us.

"Oh we got lost," Ranboo replied scratching his head, "sorry if we worried you."

Dream just shrugged and continued eating. He eats with his large smiley mask over his face. He brings down the tight black one that covers his nose and mouth though so he can actually eat. Neither Ranboo or I have seen his whole face.

"So what did you do when you got here," Dream asked. A feeling began growing in the back of my mind. I think he knows we're hiding something.

"Ah just hung around, nothing exciting," I said.

"Mhm I see." Dream went quiet again and stood up to put his plate in the trash. (It paper plate ok bc they don't bother with dishes)

Ranboo stopped eating and was just staring at the floor.

"Dream who are you really." Dream froze in place and I looked at Ranboo panic creeping onto my face.

"What." Dream wasn't facing us and didn't turn around. His tone was hard to read.

"What are you keeping from us," Ranboo said sternly.

One..two...three..four...five. It was only five seconds but it felt like forever until Dream responded.

"Why are you assuming I'm keeping something from you."

"Your always gone randomly, we still don't know what we are training for, we aren't allowed on your room, should I go on?" Ranboo was now standing his voice slowly becoming angrier.

Dream slowly turned to face us. "I-"

"What about the guy your stalking? Anything to say about that?" Ranboo bursted out.

Silence. Thats all we heard. Nobody spoke. What is there to say? Ranboo just spilled the secret that we were snooping around in Dream's room. How was Dream even supposed to react to that.

"Dream please tell us what is really happening here," I calmly said.

Dream slowly lifted his arm and put his and on his mask. "I always knew taking in some street kids was a bad idea."

Ranboo and I shared a confused glance, but remained silent.

"That man killed someone important to me. I want to take my revenge, but  waiting for the right day. It's coming though. Soon.

"He used to work for the same person I do but since I proved to be more skilled he was pushed down into the dust and got fewer and fewer missions. I suppose he got jealous and instead of killing me he killed him. He was the only person I truly cared about and he took him away so easily." Dream tightened his hand into a fist.

"Dream who is he," I asked cautiously.

"George. My best friend."

------------------------------------------------------
Ok I'm going to leave it at that

WOOO 20 chapters pog. there will only be a couple more after this. maybe 5?

Have a good day afternoon night