Chapter 1

~Tommy Pov~

The town we live in isn't that big so it's easy to navigate and get around. It also means there aren't too many people. I think the population was around seven thousand last time I checked, but it doesn't matter that much. I work every day leaving just after lunch and come back at dinner time.

I looked at the darkening, cloudy sky and decided it would be a good night to go out. I walked a little faster down the road, excited to get home. To most people just seeing our apartment wouldn't consider it much of a home, but to us it's perfect.

I have two roommates, but we aren't home at the same time so we don't see each other much. Tubbo works at night and Ranboo doesn't exactly have a set job. He's usually all over the place and can't keep a job to save his life.

Maybe someone will be home when I get there. The thought brings a small smile to my face. Although we don't see each other much we are very good friends. Tubbo and I have been buddies for most of our lives and a couple years ago Ranboo joined our duo, making it a trio.

My apartment is just down the street. I pull over my hood and walk on the sidewalk with other people. I usually try to avoid being by other people but sometimes it's necessary. Such as now. I quicken my pace and arrive within the next couple minutes. I take the elevator up to the third floor, which is where our room is.

I unlock the door and step inside. I tug my hood back down and close the door behind me. It looks surprisingly clean inside. None of us really like cleaning so our place is normally a dump, but someone must have decided to go on a cleaning spree. I walk into the living room where I find Tubbo passed out on the couch. He was probably the one who decided to clean up. I walk to the other side of the room where our kitchen is and open the fridge.

Not much in here. I really should go grocery shopping.

I walk over to my bedroom which I share with my other roommate Ranboo. I jump on my bed and grab the pillow with a red stain on the side. On the back there's a small pocket sewn on where I store my personal cash. I reach into the hole to find something and I end up pulling out $3. Not much but it's something. Maybe I'll find a coin or two laying around and I can buy us some dollar meals.

I shove the money in my shorts pocket and hop off my bed. I walk back out the bedroom door into the living room. I glance back at where Tubbo was laying and hes now in a sitting position, awake.

"Hey man. We're you the one who cleaned up?"

He looked at me and replied, "No, it was actually Ranboo. He left around an hour ago. Said not to wait for him to come home tonight."

That probably means his out doing "errands". He better come back before lunch tomorrow.

"Well I was going to grab some groceries. You got any change?"

Tubbo reaches into is overalls pocket and pulls out a dollar with some loose change. He hands it to me and I nod a thanks.

We aren't exactly the richest people. In fact we're pretty poor. Our money situation is terrible and we've almost gotten kicked out about eight times now for not paying rent on time. I'm not sure why they keep us around anymore. Must be pity for the three sad young boys.

I walk out the door and make my way out of the apartment building. I pull my hood back up and walk down some soon to be empty roads until I'm standing in front of the supermarket's automatic doors.

The supermarket is where we go to get almost anything we need, which isn't much. Mainly just food.

We steal everything else. Because our trio is actually a group of thieves. It's not always a simple job but as long as we don't get caught it's fairly easy. Lucky for us we actually know one of the police officers named Clay so he helps us out sometimes for a price. That's why our rent is usually at least a couple days late. Who knew a cop helping some criminals would be pricey, right?

I walk into the store and buy what we need for a decent meal. Although while looking I found some candies that I want Tubbo to try since Ranboo and I got them one night without him. I shoved those candies in my pocket and am now happily whistling down the road back home after paying for the rest of the food I'd gotten.

I've found myself a pretty alright life, for a criminal.

------------------------------------------------------
Hello! Im back, kind of. Im trying to make these chapters longer and fix all my mistakes. Anyway i have a whole bunch of drafts and stuff ill probably start working on although schools starting again😬