Chapter 8

-Tommy POV-

My ankle hurts a lot more than I'd admit. The black, purple, and blue bruise on it means that it's probably broken. I'm glad Ranboo let me get on his back or I'd be so far behind. We're currently running to find our car with Tubbo pretty far ahead. The harsh raindrops stung my face but that's nothing compared to what I feel in my left leg.

I put one arm up to shield my eyes from the rain and look for the car. I looked at Tubbo who was running when a large lightning bolt seemed to have hit him. I gasp and Ranboo stopped running.

"TUBBO," I heard Ranboo yell at the boy.

He runs quicker than he did before towards him. He dropped to his knees and I got off his back to sit by Tubbo too.

He was breathing heavily and looking around.

"Tubbo are you ok?" Ranboo asks him. Tubbo looks around, "where are you?"

Ranboo's expression becomes confused. "I'm right beside you. Your looking at me."

"...what, I can't see you."

My eyes widen. "Tubbo are you blind?" He looks around with concern growing on his face. "It's all pitch black. What happened?"

"Did the lightning hit you?" Ranboo asks.

"No it was in front. I'm fine."

Ranboo and I shared a worried look. "Do you hear that?" Tubbo asks.

We go silent and listen. The distant sound of sirens. The chase is still on.

Neither Tubbo or I can walk. I quickly look around for a place to hide. I spot I woods and point it out to Ranboo. He nods and I get onto his back and he grabbed Tubbo's arm. We walked towards the woods making sure Tubbo doesn't trip.

I look away for a second and we come to an abrupt stop. I look forward in confusion.

"Watch where your going kid," the stranger said in a monotone voice. He looked up at Ranboo then Tubbo who wasn't looking in the right direction then at me.

"I'd say you guys are in a pickle. Am I correct?" The stranger asks.

"Yeah my friends are injured," Ranboo says cautiously.

"Do you need help?" The sirens were coming closer. We could never outrun them.

"Yes," Tubbo said.

The man nodded, which Tubbo can't see, and started walking. Ranboo took that as a queue to follow and walked behind the man.

We didn't speak and after ten minutes of walking we reached a small house. It looked old but still in good condition.

The man unlocked the door and stepped inside holding it open for each of us to go through. Ranboo whispered something to Tubbo, probably about the doorway so he doesn't run into anything. Ranboo and I enter the house first and Ranboo helps Tubbo inside.

"You guys can take the living room. Use what you need and if your hungry just look around in the kitchen for something. I'm going to sleep." The stranger walked off leaving us alone.

I carefully fall off Ranboos back and head for a chair.

Ranboo grabs Tubbo's hands and leads him to the couch.

"Im going to grab food and see if there is abuthing fir Tommy's leg." Ranboo walked off leaving Tubbo and I.

"Do you think it's permanent?" I asked. Tubbo looked around, "it's hard to tell if my vision is coming back or not since I'm assuming it's pretty dark." He was correct that it was dark with there only being a lamp on.

"Yeah it is. Maybe in a couple days."

Ranboo came back with bandages and sandwiches. I wrapped my ankle until it seemed stable enough. We ate our sandwiches in silence and the storm outside continued to rage on.

I wasn't feeling tired and I didn't want to sleep in a strangers house. I began to get lost in thought as Ranboo mumbled something. I heard a 'your right' from Tubbo and zoned back in.

"What's up?" I asked. "I heard the man talking in his room. Sounded like he was on the phone. This could be bad or nothing," Tubbo replied.

I nodded my head and stood up leaning on objects so I didn't have to out much pressure on my hurt foot as I moved closer to the man's room.

I could only hear snippets of what he's saying. '...found ...in my house... ten minutes... hurt... criminals..."

My eyes widened as I realized he knew about us being criminals I rushed back as quick as I can and informed my friends on what I heard. They both agreed that we need to get out and leave as soon as possible.

We stood up and made our way towards the door. "As soon as we open this we need to run as fast as we can." Ranboo's voice sounded determined which gave me confidence as I agreed.

Ranboo put his hand on the door.

"And where you you guys going?"

------------------------------------------------------ omg I just finished reading 'Love is War' and I feel so happy but also so sad-

Anyway idk how many words but it's a number that's for sure

Also I think I'm going to take a couple day break so I can prewrite some chapters and also focus on my art

Have a good morning/afternoon/night