Untitled Part 42

Taemin launched onto him once they got out of sight of Taehyung, pinching his cheek and smiling. Jungkook felt quite proud of himself for managing to keep himself stern and steady. He was almost sure that he would have failed to managed to stay level with himself and what he wanted, but he had not faltered, something which he was quite happy for. It proved that he was slowly, but surely, getting stronger at standing up for himself. He had to admit that he could feel some sort of pride regarding that. 

"You did amazing Jungkookie." Taemin said with a smile. "I am surprised you actually managed to keep your cool in front of Taehyung. It muse have been rather difficult." He said with a pitiful smile. Jungkook shrugged with a sigh. He could not say that it was not difficult, because it most certainly was, but he was also used to handling difficult things and even more difficult people or situations. It could be worse after all, he would have to congratulate himself for finding a descent solution. 

"Do you think that they will...actually go through with it?" Jungkook wondered, glancing to the side where Taemin was standing next to him. They were heading back to the SHINee dorm room, and Jungkook was grateful for Taemin. He was grateful for all of SHINee, even if he knew that they likely had started with some sort of second agenda, he could not put that against them. They helped him even though they did not need to, and at great potential cost to themselves. Furthermore, they helped him study when he was not able to do so. Not just that, Jungkook had managed to make some decent friends, for which he was more than grateful. He would never really be able to repay them, and they were even allowing him to stay in their dorm whilst he was having to wait the Bangtan team out. 

"I am not really sure," Taemin admitted, humming to himself softly he gently pushed Jungkook in the side. "I am sure that they will definitely have questions." He said quietly. "After all, you were rather...beautiful to watch. I understand why you chose classes though. It makes sense. They deserve to do the one thing that frustrated them enough to betray you." 

"Technically it was just Taehyung though," Jungkook said quietly. "Does that not seem a bit unfair?" 

"Perhaps," Taemin said in a rather matter-of-fact tone of voice. "Still, though, they did not do anything. They sort of deserve it none-the-less." He muttered under his breath. Jungkook glanced at him confused. 

"What was that?" He asked curiously, tilting his head to the side, staring at the other boy. 

"Ah, nothing," Taemin said with a small laugh. "I was just...amazed that you managed to come up with such a retrobution. It is rather elegant if you think about it. I am rather shocked that you managed to figure something so...devious." Jungkook rolled his eyes scoffing under his breath. 

"I may be somewhat nice and naive, but I am still here for a reason you know. Even if it is a bit...complicated." Jungkook shook his head, wanting to ignore the memories, but not quite able to either. "Taemin Hyung, I am still able to stay with you guys right?" Jungkook wondered this considering it was never the real intention for him to stay stuck at the SHINee dorm. He felt somewhat guilty for disturbing them so much. He did not mean to, but then again, did it really matter what he meant to do versus what he was doing. 

Taemin, on the other hand, seemed horribly confused. Why would it not be okay that Jungkook stay in the dorm. Although he had spoken to Taehyung, the real crux of the matter had not been solved in the time that they had spoken yet. It likely would not be solved soon either. Taemin knew that he had no intention of forcing Jungkook to stay at the SHINee dorm if he truly did not wish to do so, but he also would not throw him out. Should any of the Hyungs try such a thing he would have to have some major words with them as well. 

He knew that they were still hesitant when it came to Jungkook, just not nearly as much as they had been before, it still did not alley his fears of what they truly thought of him. Luckily, they seemed just as fond of him as Taemin had gotten to him, though Taemin was able to have confidently say that he was the closest of all the Hyungs to Jungkookie. Though that was sort of by accident, it was not something that he had intended on purpose, but something that happened either way. He was glad for it, either way. 

At the very least, he knew that the Bangtan boys would not be able to force Jungkook to stop seeing them without severely damaging their already tense and in the future tenuous relations that they had with the boy already. It was something that he was able to take comfort in, at the very least. 

"I hope they will," Taemin said gently. "At the very least, for your sake." He sighed heavily, clapping Jungkook on the shoulder. "Remember though, the school environment is definitely not something that is kind and gentle. In this, I can understand why they wanted to keep you safe and hide you from the school. It was not their choice to decide, of course, that lays with you, but I do understand their purpose." 

"I do not care. There is someone I want to meet. I can only do that if I am going to the school, and so..." Jungkook scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I need to the school. Besides, that is not even why I am so angry with them." He huffed, crossing his arms, stopping in the hallway and leaning on the side of the wall. Taemin continued walking only beginning to notice Jungkook had stopped when he was a few feet away. 

"What is it?" 

"I am angry because they broke a promise. Taehyung specifically, but the other Hyungs....I just...ugh." Jungkook growled, shaking his head. He was still angry about it. How could he not be, after all.