46

Jungkook was not entirely sure what he expected upon going out for his first day of classes. Well, first day of him going to his classes rather. It was definitely not what he had seen. He knew that his ultimatum definitely put his previous Hyungs in a difficult position, and he was not exactly very hurt about doing it to them, they sort of deserved it. Beyond that though, he had not expected them to actually agree, though he had to admit to himself, even if it was just for a little, that he was shocked when he had walked into his second period and Taehyung and Jimin were slumped over their desks, rolling pencils across the wood.

He supposed that even though he had given the ultimatum in the first place, a part of him had been ready for them to refuse, to not be willing to go through with his demands. Despite the fact that he had allowed them to brand him, and had asked for Taehyung's own brand, despite the fondness that he could sometimes see in Taehyung and to some extent the other's eyes he had not really been prepared for them to actually listen to his desires. He had really just thrown the first thing that he could think of that would be difficult and trying for them. It had made sense, to him, and in the end he was glad. After all, he did not want to associate with people who did not even bother trying to graduate high school. There was not many places a Gang family would go when it came down to it, after they left for society, but they could at the very least have a diploma for safety keeping. Just in case the situation called for one. Jungkook rather liked to be prepared. 

He made his way to the edge of the classroom, trying to avoid looking at the two, as he had not really prepared himself to meet them, had not wanted to get his hopes up only for them to be dashed miserably. Now that they were here though, he was going to have to figure out a way to face them. It would not do to keep avoiding them after all. He had already made his stance in the Cafeteria, but he had to be careful. Jonghyun had mentioned to him last night that there was still the possibility that they would try and get into his good graces so they could slack off on their promises. Jungkook knew what to look for, thanks to his eldest Shinee Hyung, and he was quite grateful that the other had deigned to warn him. He knew that Jonghyun still had a bit of trouble trusting him entirely. 

Nervously, he tapped his fingers along the top of his desk, anxiously waiting for the teacher to hurry up and get to the classroom already. He did not want to risk the others trying to talk to him, not really sure what he would do should that happen. It was not as though he hated them, because he did not. Hell, he could not bother attempting to do so. As much as he may hate it, some part of him truly cared for them. Specifically Taehyung. When Taehyung had claimed him as his, in front of everyone, he could tell that the other was being just as impulsive as ever, but decided to really go with his emotions for the first time in a long while. Well, at least regarding him. Yet. he also could not get over the betrayal, the broken promise. It was something he was not really sure he ever would get over. 

He would try, and this would be a major test for them, to see how well they can scrape it, to prove to Jungkook that they were worth it to him, for him to bother going back to them. It was also, though he had not really contemplated it at the time, a test for himself as well. To prove that he could stand by his word. He supposed in the end they were kind of testing each other. It was a test that Jungkook could not afford to fail. Then again, he had bid his time for almost three years before killing his pathetic bullies, so he was certain that he could wait a mere few months for the BangTan group to prove themselves as well. It was just going to be a tad bit more difficult, considering he actively cared for the rascals. 

It definitely did make things more difficult. Including the fact that he had not really thought of the slight issue of his having to attend classes with them assuming they actually agreed, though he supposed it was something he should have realized rather quickly. It made him question his capability. He knew that he was slightly impulsive, but even then....

"Taemin-Hyung!" Jungkook whispered towards the youngest of the Shinee group, and also probably the most trusted person that Jungkook had right now. Prior, it had been The bangtan hyungs, but it was obvious that they had taken his presence foregranted, and he was definitely not one to continue to trust until that they proved themselves once more worthy of it. They had betrayed him, and Jungkook was not that easy, even if it did feel like at times he was. 

"Jungkookah, how was it?" 

"Good, I guess, I saw Taehyung-Hyung and Jimin-Hyung." He admitted more quietly. The sudden drop in tone had the Shinee Hyung's glanced towards the two mischevious boys but they did not say anything. 

"I figured you would." Taemin said gently. "After all, it is no secret that if they want to try and convince you that they are on your side, they have to at least start showing up, right?" Jungkook sighed, nodding in agreement. 

"Don't worry, I am not going to get my hopes up." Taemin nodded happily. 

"Good, I do not really want to see you hurt again. Just, be careful. I know you care about them, and they have that affect on people at first, but you cannot give in, not yet. You need to show them that you are just as strong as they are, otherwise this problem will probably keep happening." 

"What are you guys whispering about over here?" Key questioned light heartedly. Jungkook just laughed softly, pulling his backpack from his shoulders and dropping it on the floor. 

"It is was really nothing Hyung, oh, what happened with your meeting today?" Jungkook asked, a smile on his lips.