Chapter Fifty Nine

~Ellie's POV~

I woke up with a start as something tiny and solid suddenly barreled into me. "What the-?" I cut off as I spotted Eri clinging to me with tears in her eyes. "Eri? What's wrong?" I asked groggily. It was the middle of the night.

"I had a bad dream." She clung to me tightly. It didn't look like she was going to be able to go back to sleep anytime soon.

I wrapped my arms around her and held her close, "well, that's alright. I get bad dreams sometimes, too." When I chanced a glance in Toshinori's direction I realized he was out like a light and wouldn't be waking anytime soon.

"You do?" She sniffled, refusing to let me go.

I nodded, "and do you know what helps?"

She shook her head, "what?"

"I'll show you." I smiled and slowly got out of bed with her in my arms.

Toshiniori stirred a little as I left the bed but didn't fully wake up. I couldn't help but smile as he began to mumble in his sleep, "Ellie is the number one wife."

Eri giggled softly in my arms.

"Such a fanboy." I grumbled.

Eri looked down at my All Might onesie and giggled again.

I carried her downstairs where the christmas trees were aglow before turning on one of her new favorite cartoons. It was a my little pony rip off but instead of ponies all the characters were cats, it was disgustingly adorable and she and the twins loved it. Eri started to relax and her tears subsided as I sat her on the kitchen counter and began my search for ingredients.

"What are you doing?" She asked softly.

"Baking cookies." I smiled.

Eri grinned and hopped off the counter to help me. We whipped up a batch of festive peppermint mocha chip cookies before I warmed up some milk with a touch of honey adding a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg on top. I loaded up a tray with cookies and our steamed milk and carried them to the living room before curling up on the sofa to watch the grotesquely feel good-y cartoon.

Eri snuggled up beside me nibbling at the cookies we made and sipping at her steamed milk. She got half a cookie in before she drifted back to sleep. I smiled and set her cup and half eaten cookie back on the tray before bundling her up with a blanket.

"Ellie?" Toshinori's groggy voice sounded softly from the stairs, "did you have a bad dream?" He asked as he stepped into the living room before spotting Eri in my arms, "ah, did Eri have a bad dream?"

I nodded.

"Good thing Mommy Might is an expert on how to handle nightmares." He smiled somberly.

"It's been awhile since I've had one, thanks to you." I replied softly.

His smile brightened a little. "I'll take her back up to bed." He glanced down at my bandaged arm and I had a feeling he wanted to tell me it was irresponsible to have carried her down here in the first place, but he didn't.

He returned a little while later and chuckled as he saw me starting to drift to sleep halfway through my steamed milk. He took the cup from my hands and put the cookies in a tin and the dishes in the sink before returning to scoop me into his arms.

"We should figure out how we're handling Santa." I murmured.

"Huh?" Toshinori looked down at me curiously.

"Flame Face owes me, maybe we could convince him to play the part and come down the chimney to deliver toys to Eri and the twins." I pondered the idea some more.