Chapter Fifty Four

~Ellie's POV~

Toshinori and I were out of the loop on a lot of things now. Everyone thought it best to leave us be so we could focus on our family. We didn't know much about what was going on in the world as our focus was solely on babies.

I woke with a start in the middle of the night as both of our phones started to go off. Toshinori reached for his phone and I swiped mine off the dresser ready to chew out whoever had woken me. I glanced down at the screen, Aizawa's name flashed across it.

"Ellie...I need you to get to the hospital, as soon as you can." Shota spoke before I even answered, instantly turning my rage to worry.

"What happened?" I asked him worried.

"A lot...we can talk about it when you get here."

"Alright, I'm on my way." I said at the same time as I heard Toshinori say the same thing to whoever had called him.

We hung up and looked at each other. "Hospital?" We said in unison before grimacing. Something was wrong if we were both being summoned.

The babies were sound asleep and stayed asleep as we put them in their carrier and made our way to the hospital. There were a lot of heroes in the main lobby, including several students from UA that were interning. Some were injured. Toshinori and I exchanged looks not sure what was going on. I didn't like being kept out of the loop and I had a bad feeling someone we knew was severely injured.

I heard a commotion from the opposite end of the lobby and in the next moment I saw a blur of white before a familiar childish face appeared in my line of sight, Eri! She ran toward me, I handed Toshinori the carrier and caught her in my arms as she took a running leap toward me. She wrapped her small bandaged arms around me and buried her face in the crook of my neck. A moment later I saw a worried Shota and Midoriya come running in our direction and assumed they must have been keeping an eye on her. They both looked momentarily surprised to see Eri in my arms.

"Someone care to explain what's going on?" I scowled at Shota as I hugged Eri's trembling form close and gently rubbed her back to console her. She was absolutely terrified, there were so many intimidating people here.

People looked in our direction making her even more anxious. I sighed and activated my quirk causing a strong wind to swirl around us pushing everyone else away from us.

"Ellie, this is a hospital! You can't do that." Shota snapped at me.

"I can, I did, and I'll do it again, they're making Eri anxious." I growled before looking to the baby carriers in Toshinori's arms, Eli and Nana had woken up. I smiled at the infants, "listen up parasites, if anyone gets close to big sister Eri, zap em."

Toshinori stared at me in awe for a moment, "you think that'll work?"

"Dunno." I shrugged and turned to one of the random local heroes nearby, "hey pal, come here."

The hero looked to me curiously and approached me, once he got within reach of Eri, Eli and Nana zapped him.

"Taser babies are so convenient." I smiled as I continued to rock Eri in my arms. She seemed to be calming down.

"What the hell, man?!" The hero who'd been zapped snapped at me only to be zapped again.

"You've served your purpose, run along." I shooed him off. Eri's tiny frame slumped in my arms and I glanced down and smiled as I realized she'd fallen asleep clinging to me.