Chapter Eight

Ellie's Flashback

Age 18

The further I got into the investigation of Pharmatech the shadier things seemed to get. The CEO was involved in something very illegal, I was finding Pharmatech crates in various criminal dens in various crime syndicates. My investigation led me to find a crooked cop in Pharmatech's pocket. Who tried to bust me on several false charges, luckily, I'd always managed to get a witness to back me up but I had a feeling my luck was going to start running out soon. I'd been a thorn in Pharmatech's side both the 'legitimate deals' and the criminal ones I'd destroyed several of their warehouses and a few of their criminal lairs and meeting places managing to keep a low profile.

"Tornado!" A familiar voice sounded from behind me as I was wondering atop the rooftops keeping a lookout for one of the Pharmatech's criminal goons who'd just disappeared inside a nearby building to make some kind of deal.

I turned with a groan to face Shota and his blonde-haired partner in the punk rock attire. "I'm pretty sure this constitutes as harassment, Senpai."

"What are you doing here?" Shota ignored my comment.

"Sightseeing." I lied and turned to leap from the roof to the lower landing roof below as I prepared to guide my fall with the wind I felt the familiar feeling of my quirk being erased and fell with a shriek. Landing flat on my back atop the tin roof of the lower landing, knocking the air from my lungs, and causing me to cough and sputter in an attempt to get my breathing back under control. Shakily I rolled onto all fours as Shota and his partner, Present Mic landed swiftly beside me. "That wasn't very nice."

Shota caught me roughly by the arm and wrenched me to my feet. "What are you doing here, Tornado? Looking for more buildings to destroy?"

"More? I don't know what you're talking about, Senpai and this is definitely harassment you don't have probable cause to arrest me or use force against me. I was merely fleeing from my stalker which I have every right to do-." He hit me in the gut and I doubled over in pain as he hit my still tender abdomen from where I'd been shot a few weeks ago.

"You're a suspect in the destruction of several properties-."

"That's hearsay, the police have no leads or suspects therefore you can't take me in." I choked as I regulated my breathing once more.

He placed some strange glove like handcuffs that covered my hands on me not seeming the least bit bothered by my struggle. Once the gloves were in place I felt like someone was sapping away my strength and nearly crumpled to the ground, they blocked my quirk and weakened me simultaneously. Shota kept a firm grip on my arm keeping me upright as his partner went to call the authorities.

The pair of them dragged me from the roof to the alley below. A few minutes later a cop cruiser pulled into the alley and I felt my heart plummet as I spotted a familiar face, it was the crooked cop in Pharmatech's pocket.

"No." I attempted to struggle against my bonds. "Shota, don't! He'll kill me!"

Shota looked over at me curiously, I'd never called him by name before I'd always called him by his last name or just addressed him as Senpai. "What? Don't be ridiculous, he'll take you in for questioning, if you've truly done nothing wrong you'll be released in a few hours."

"No, he's a crooked cop, he's going to kill me." I hissed at him under my breath. "I will confess to destroying those warehouses if you take me in yourself, do not leave me alone with him." My body shook as I saw a small glint of malice in the officer's eyes as he stepped out of his car and approached us.