Chapter Forty Three

~Ellie's POV~

               The baby bump was growing, and at twenty weeks we'd finally reached the halfway marker of the pregnancy. According to the Ellie Tracker, baby Eli was the size of a banana. I had more energy than I'd had in weeks and despite the growing bump was able to come up with new and improved training regimens for all my students and Aizawa's as well while they were sharing our morning class. Thanks to the growing bump it was getting harder to sleep comfortably, the doctor said I wasn't supposed to lay on my back any more and had to lay on my side. I had to get one of those ridiculous shaped body pillows just so I could sleep, it took up half the bed.

               I woke with a smile on my face as I felt Toshinori's hands gently rubbing my back, trying to work out the aches and pains without waking me so I could be more comfortable throughout the day. He jumped as I rolled over to face him before smiling somewhat guiltily.

               "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He gently pulled me against him and kissed the top of my head affectionately.

               I smiled, "It's okay, it was a nice way to wake up."

               My cell phone started to ring causing me to jump and let out a yelp of panic. Thanks to that stupid horror movie the kids made me watch, I was still jumpy as hell. Toshinori chuckled.

               "No more scary movies for you." He teased me with a smile as I reached for my cell phone.

               "I didn't want to watch the damn thing anyway, they made me." I huffed as I looked to the screen, it was an unknown number. Hesitantly I answered the phone, "Hello?"

               "Ellie?" A voice I hadn't heard in years sounded on the other end.

               I sat up, "Grace?"

               "Yeah, I'm really sorry to bother you." Her voice sounded a little shaky, she was scared about something. "I saw you on the news a few weeks ago and thought maybe you could help me since you're a hero now."

               "What's going on?" I asked her.

               "Some shady guys have been hanging around my art gallery lately, they keep harassing my buyers. They won't leave me alone. I've called the police but they're too busy and they said they can't do anything unless they get physical. I don't want to wait for that to happen." She sounded really upset.

               "I'll be there in a second, text me your location." I hung up the phone and scrambled to change.

               "Ellie, what's going on?" Toshinori looked worried as I pulled on some stretchy comfy leggings and stuffed my expanding breasts into a bra before burying my body in an oversized t-shirt.

               "Grace is in trouble."

               I could see the worry lines creasing his forehead but he struggled to speak up. His worry for me was battling with his need to save innocents, he wouldn't try to stop me. "Do you need backup?"

               "I'll be okay." I gave him a quick kiss goodbye and bolted out the door as my phone buzzed with Grace's location. After stepping into a pair of flats by the door I walked onto the porch and disappeared in a flurry of wind.

               I landed swiftly in a city not too far away. A few passersby on the street screamed in panic at my sudden arrival. Glancing up and down the street, I spotted some boarded-up windows, litter lining the sidewalk and a few unsavory types loitering near some of the broken shop windows. I looked behind me to see one of the only intact buildings on the whole street. "Gala Grace." A small smile wormed onto my lips, she did become an artist, just like she said.