Chapter Fifty Five

~Ellie's POV~

I woke with a start as I heard a loud crash from upstairs. I must have dozed off on the couch after breakfast. Eli and Nana were sound asleep on my chest and Eri was dozing off with her head resting on my stomach spilling frosty white hair across me. I was buried in children and tears welled in my eyes as I was overcome with such a strong feeling of love. Our family had grown overnight and my heart was full to bursting.

Toshinori poked his head out of the stairwell and glanced in my direction with a sheepish grin, "you're awake."

"Mhm, all the children are accounted for so who is destroying our home?" I pondered as I used my quirk to readjust everyone so I could sit up.

"Not destroying." Toshinori smiled as he exited the stairwell. He was wearing a pair of his old baggy cargo pants that he'd worn when painting the nursery, there were new paint stains on them.

"Are you painting?" I pondered.

"With some help." He smiled as he met me in the living room. He reached a hand toward me as if to gently cup my cheek but paused as he realized there was wet paint on his palm. It was a cute lavender color.

"What are you painting?"

"Eri's bedroom."

More tears welled in my eyes at this, stupid post pregnancy hormones were making me even more of an emotional wreck than when I'd been pregnant.

"Ah! Ellie, what's wrong?" Toshinori panicked as a single tear slipped from my hold.

"That's incredibly sweet!" I cried as I was overcome with emotion.

Toshinori chuckled and opened his arms to me. I dove into his arms with a sniffle and hugged him tight not caring if I got paint on me. He wrapped his bony arms around me holding me tightly against his skeletal frame. His paint free hand cradled my head as he gave me an affectionate squeeze. "Ellie really is the cutest." He gently rubbed my back.

"Sh-Shut up." I grumbled and wiped my face as I took a step away from him. I remembered him mentioning he had help and looked to him curiously. "Who's helping you?"

"Young Bakugo and Young Todoroki." Toshinori smiled.

This, for some reason, made me even more emotional. Toshinori panicked as I started to cry again. He pulled me back into his arms, held me tight and rocked me in his arms. I didn't like all these post pregnancy hormones; they were worse than when I'd been pregnant.

"Why don't you get some rest and try to relax today? I'll take care of everything." His voice was filled with so much sweetness and love it nearly broke me. He gingerly kissed the top of my head.

"N-no, that's not fair and it'll make me feel useless." I sniffled.

Toshinori chuckled softly as he continued to rock me gently in his arms to calm me down. "Well, you could make us all some lunch in a bit, I'm sure everyone would love that. It would be a great help."

"Don't patronize me." I grumbled at him as I tried to shove out of his hold but despite being stuck in his weakened skeletal form, he was still physically much stronger than he looked and was immovable.

"I wasn't, it WOULD be a great help and all the kids love Mommy Might's cooking." He grinned and I felt my cheeks flush with heat.

"Sh-shut up, idiot." I grumbled under my breath as I'd finally calmed down. "When do you think Eri's room will be finished?" I asked him softly.

"With the help of Young Bakugo and Young Todoroki, I expect it'll be finished tonight." He beamed and I felt a slight flicker of sorrow.

"So, we won't all get to camp out in the nursery anymore?" I asked morosely. The past two nights that Eri had been with us, Toshinori and I had made a pillow and blanket fort in the nursery and we'd all camped out as a family. I'd really enjoyed it and it seemed like Eri had liked it too, though she still hadn't said very much.