Chapter Forty

~Ellie's POV~

At eighteen weeks, Baby Might was the size of an artichoke and I felt like death. Over the weekend I'd volunteered at the hospital, one of the kids infected me with some kind of plague from hell. I was congested, my throat felt like I'd swallowed razor blades, and my nose would not stop running, I was tempted to stick tampons up my nostrils to test their absorbency and to keep from blowing my nose every three seconds as my poor nose was now raw, bright red and possibly bleeding.

"Ellie? What are you doing?" Toshinori asked worried as I dragged myself from bed and went to the closet to find a suitable outfit for work.

"Getting dressed." I croaked.

"You should stay home and rest." He smiled sympathetically as he placed his hands on my shoulders and tried to steer me back to bed.

"No! I can't the exam is coming up, Shinso got permission to take it so I have to tell him." I swatted him away and nearly slipped to the floor as I lost my balance.

Toshinori caught me in his arms, "I think young Shinso can wait another day, or I could tell him for you. Your health is really important." He tried to reason with me.

"Its just a cold, I'll be fine."

Toshinori didn't look convinced.

"If it will make you feel better, I'll let you carry me around all day." I sighed.

He chuckled, "And you'll follow my advice and listen to all the home remedies I tell you to follow since you can't take any cold medicine?"

"If you will let me leave the house, yes."

"Alright, but you have to do as I say." He warned me.

"Fine." Talking hurt so I wasn't going to argue with him anymore than necessary.

He helped me get dressed before carrying me downstairs. I had a feeling he really was going to carry me everywhere today and couldn't help but groan at this. My tummy had grown a little more, it was still teeny tiny bump but it was a little rounder now and more noticeable. Not many of my clothes fit me anymore since my tummy was growing and my breasts nearly doubled in size. I mostly wore stretchy leggings and loose shirts or dresses so I could be comfortable.

Toshinori sat me down at the counter before going to make some hot herbal tea with a splash of lemon and ginger to help my sore throat. Tears welled in my eyes as he brought me a travel mug with a chibi All Might on it.

"Ellie? Are you okay?" He panicked.

"Baby Might is emotional." I grumbled as I accepted the cup and sipped at the tea.

Toshinori smiled before disappearing back upstairs. I heard him rustling around in our bedroom before stopping in the hall bathroom. What was he doing? He rifled through some cupboards before heading back downstairs. There was a messenger bag slung over his shoulder.

"What's that?" I asked him curiously.

"Ellie's Emergency Sick Kit." He grinned as he pulled it open and began showing me all the random things inside. There were at least three heavy duty boxes of super soft tissues, a humidifier, a heating pad, fifty satchels of the tea he'd just made for me, blankets and bottles of water. I had no idea how the bag wasn't exploding.

"You must be a Tetris wizard." I blurted as I looked at the perfectly packed bag causing him to laugh.

"We should get going or we'll be late...Are you sure I can't convince you to stay home in bed today?" He tried again.