~ 03 ~

Even though the music was blasting from the speakers, you heard nothing for a second as your gaze locked with the handsome man in front of you. The way he called out your name heated your cheeks as you felt a weird tug in your heart.

You two just stared at each other longer than necessary, not wanting to let go the warmth radiating from your clasped hands. But the sudden throat clearing made both of you snap out of it and turn to the other two with you. Vinny was already giving you weird smiles and Jungkook said something to Jimin which you paid no attention to.

"What?" You mouth to Vinny after making sure the two men are not looking. She just wiggled her brows and you just rolled your eyes at her.

"So Jimin, I heard that you just moved back to Seoul. How is that going?" Vinny started off to strike a conversation with Jimin in a weird tone. You know that tone very well. Since she is currently mastering in psychology, and since you have seen her practicing few times, you very well knew she was currently analyzing Jimin.

"It's only been four days and I'm still settling in. But so far, everything is good." Jimin answered politely. You really liked his calmness and the soft way he was speaking.

"Oh nice. Did you come here for work?"

You thought the questions would stop after this but you were wrong. She continued one after another. You looked at Jungkook who looked up at the same time as you. Both of you knew this will not end up well, If she is unable to find any fault, she would continue till the other person gets irritated thinking Vinny is being nosy. So when you met Jungkook's gaze, you signaled him to do something pointing at Vinny with your eyes. Over the past two years, you and Jungkook have magically learnt to communicate without words when it came to Vinny, and surprisingly, you both understood each other well.

"Babe, why don't you have a chat with Jimin later.. I need to introduce the other two before they get drunk." Jungkook wrapped an arm around her shoulder and tugged her towards him. You smiled and gave her an encouraging nod to go ahead, that you would be fine.

"I-I'm sorry about that. Sometimes she forgets that she is dealing with real people and not her study cases." You say sheepishly smiling at the fine looking man in front of you.

"Study cases? Is she a lawyer or a psych maybe?" He asked looking amused. Smart! You thought nodding your head.

"A psych student. Sorry if she made you uncomfortable. She is normally fun." You defend your best friend.

"No.. That's fine. I was more than happy to share about myself." He chuckles lightly.

"That's great then." You say and take a sip from your drink realizing you are now all alone with this Hot specimen in a crowded party.

"What about you? Would you like to share something about yourself?" He asks getting your attention.