~ 08 ~

Next day evening you hummed  a soft tune as you stirred the Kimchi stew that you were preparing for Jimin. You wanted to thank him for all the things he had been doing the past few days, specially that night for worrying about your safety. So you figured you should worry about his health in return. Since he had no time for home made meals. You prepared him boxes of side dishes and also dinner for today. Vinny did give you hell at the supermarket but eventually she shared some recipes and tips to make the dishes more tastier.

"Momma you look happy today." Jae who was observing you with a smile chimed getting your attention.

"Do I?" You smiled back at your sweet boy, a little surprised by the comment he just made.

"Hm." He gave a nod leaning in to rest his cute little face on his tiny hands which were on top of the table.

"Well.. how can I not be happy when I have the best son in the world." You got closer and tickled his tummy earning fits of tiny giggles which you love to hear. It always takes away your worries.

"Momma, why are you making big food." He asks expanding both his arms up in the air to indicate that its a lot of food. Jae sometimes takes time to get the right words or he would just say what he can gather in the moment. He doesn't have a speech problem but he is shy and reserved most of the times. He sure will get curious but will mind his business unless he is close to you. Vinny complains that he is too obedient and acting mature for his age. Where as Joanne praises saying he is the best kid in her class and easy to deal with. You surely are happy about how he is growing up but a part of you wants him to be playful and open up a bit. Sometimes you just blame yourself for it.

"Momma is giving half of them to a nice person who helped Momma few days back." You answered going over to the stove to turn off the heat.

"I'm a nice boy too. So I should help Momma always." he lisped slightly helping you by pushing the container towards you.

"Yes you are." You kiss the top of his head and started packing the food before attending Jae's evening routine and getting ready to work at the store.

The rest of the evening passed sooner than you expected. The skies were already dark and lights around were lit up coloring the surroundings. It was around time for Jimin to drop bye. Giddily you looked at the big bag that had six containers with different kinds of side dishes and three containers of premade meals. Next to that was the small heat bag which had his dinner you had prepared for tonight. Is this too much? Did I overdo it?  You questioned in your head for a second but you were unable to figure out and answer because the door bell chimed announcing an entrance.

Your smile widened seeing that it was Jimin, Your heart suddenly skipped a beat when he smiled warmly at you. "Hey." He greeted and you greeted back.

"How was today? Did that man show up?" He ask in a genuinely concerned voice as his eyes roamed around a little to check the surrounding before looking back at you.

"It was good and nope, that guy didn't show up. How about you?"