~ 13 ~

Pacing the room with your phone pressed to your ear, you kept glancing at the clock. It was almost time for you to go to work at the store but Sana, the babysitter was not picking up her phone. You wondered if she was ok because this has never happened before. And if she needs a day off she would always ask. The fact that she is not even answering the calls got you more worried. Don't know if she is having a late lecture.. or maybe stuck in traffic? 

Sighing out loud, you gave up calling her and turned to look at your boy who was seated on the dining chair as he was happily munching away a hotteok. You couldn't take a day off neither could you leave Jae here alone. Vinny crossed your mind in an instant but then you remembered that she went on a field trip to another city for her project. Not left with any options, you thought of doing the next best thing.

"Hun, can you come with me to the room. Lets get you change." You say right after dropping a message to Sana.

"But I just wore this. Are we going out out?" He asks giving you the wondering eyes. 

"Yes. We are going out out. You can stay with momma at work till Sana comes to pick you up. She must be getting late today." You say ruffling the cute boy's hair.

"Yay! I go work with momma." He cheered dropping the hotteok on to the plate and got down the chair to follow you. He was familiar with the store as you had taken him there twice before when Sana had taken off days and no one was there to look after. Since he is a quiet curious boy, he would just sit in the corner to observe everything and look at you with fascinated eyes. You swear he can make you smile without even trying and melt your heart.  And if he gets bored, he would just scribble and color on his drawing book without bothering you at all. So after getting him changed, you grabbed his coloring book and color pencils to go.

The evening was passing painfully slow and there was still no response from the babysitter. It's been almost two weeks since you returned from the trip and ever since you barely saw Jimin as well. Like he said, he was super busy and you saw him just twice passing by the shop in a hurry waving at you. But once a day he do send a random text about something, at least a meme which would always make you smile. But if you are being honest, you miss him more than you should. You did get close to him during the trip but you both never had a proper conversation, a personal one. It made you wander what is going on in his head. Specially after that night he almost asked you out on a date. Does he not care about the fact that I have a child? Does he want anything to do with me? Or am I just reading into things when he just sees me as a friend?

Your wildly running thoughts got interrupted when your boy tugged on your shirt. "Momma I need to pee."

"Oh ok. Give me a second." You say to Jae and turned to lock the cash register. The washroom was outside the store, so you had to lock the store door for a brief moment as you took Jae to the washroom on the side. Once he was done, you zipped him up and stepped out taking his little hand in yours.

As you were about to turn to the front door, you halted in your tracks when you saw Jimin walking towards the entrance of his apartment building. Unknowingly a big smile spread your lips as you spotted him. You wanted to call out to him but stopped yourself when you heard another voice calling out to him before you did. You watched Jimin turn and even before he could response, a girl in a tight short dress lunged at him and hugged him tight. Seeing that, you felt a hard tug in your heart. When she released him from her embraced you saw how pretty she is and how Jimin was smiling at her. She was saying something to him looking very happy. Is she his girlfriend by any chance? But he said he was single. But that was months ago.