~ 06 ~

Working as a call center agent and dealing with angry customers are so not easy at times. Some people are so heartless that they would curse at you and your family without considering the workers feelings. You have been hearing curses and getting scolded from morning but this current call was hurting your feelings more.

"Why can't you give the money that I invested in your company, bitch. That's my money." The man yelled on the phone.

"Sir, I checked again. It states that you took out a loan from your Insurance and you've not paid it on time. Because of that, the policy has been cancelled. The company have sent you three notice regarding this but you haven't responded. I'm really sorry Sir, but I cannot help you anymore. If you need more details, you can visit the nearest branch to sort it out." You spoke keeping your professionalism no matter how offended you were. 

"I don't want to hear that crap bitch. You all are just fucking scammers. Give me back my money.. I need to get a surgery done as soon as possible. Don't you have any humanity in you? Don't you have parents? Is that why you don't know how to respect elders?" He yells again.

"I'm sorry to hear about it Sir. I hope you can find a solution and get well soon. But I'm just here to provide information. You can visit a nearest branch to take this matter up with the higher ups." You say politely, making sure not to offend the angry customer.

"Fuck you and your higher ups bitch. You should go through this same suffering to understand others pain. Your parents must have not thought you right." He cursed more and slam the phone making you flinch.

Your heart twisted and the tears pricking your eyes rolled down your cheeks. The old man's words rang in your ears and it felt like stabs to your heart because he was right. Your parents never raised you up, in fact you don't even know who they are because you were abandoned in an orphanage when you were just two years old. And suffering is something you know very well when you have lost so much in life. 

Life is so hard that you don't even know what peaceful life feels like. It's not that you are not happy, you do have your moments and you feel blessed to have Jae in your life. But still the loneliness gets to you sometimes. Specially when you crave to be cared for and comforted. Sadly your life is so hard that you have no time to even breathe. Plus you see yourself as a damaged person with a lot of responsibilities, So you knew that no one would want to be a part of it. 

The sudden beeping of the front door snapped you out of your thoughts. You looked up at the clock and there was thirty minutes more for the school bus to come. Wondering who it was, you wiped out your tears quickly to go get the door. But before you could get up, you heard your little boys voice and a small smile tugged your lips.

Once he came into the view, he quickly came running to you like a little duck. His bright smile was enough to light up your heart. "Momma I'm home." He announces as he jumped into your arms as you were seated on the small dining table while working.

"Hey.. How did you get home fast?" You ask sniffing a little.

"I came with Miss. Jo. She is still downstairs." Your boy answered looking  worriedly at you. He cupped your face with his tiny hands and gave a sad pout. "Momma did you cry again? Are you hurt?" He asks wiping your cheeks even though you were sure that there were no tears.